weird clickin noise

dzxkrg426

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey guys.... wen i tap on ma accel u hear a click from the bottom of the car... if i drive normally it u dont hear it but wen im at a light and im jus like tapping on it pretty hard not lightly i hear a click from the bottom.. you guys noe wut it mite be? it started to make that noise after i put ma intake in but i dont noe if that caused the problem or somethings loose on ma exhaust

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
a click or a rattle? Your intake could be rattling in your engine bay. If you think that may be the problem, have a friend rev the car for you while you watch the engine bay.

ojay

7thgencivic.com dedicated
5+ Year Member
when the car's off and i tap the throttle, it makes a clicking noise. it's the throtte cable about to pull open, it's normal. don't know about when the car's on though.

dzxkrg426

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its a click... im sure its coming from the bottom of the car i dont noe im gunna put it on ramps tomorroe and rev it to see if anything is wrong underneath

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
good plan. Let us know how it turns out.

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a rattle which comes from the heat shield on your cat and that happens when I rev a little bit but doesnt happen when Im driving normally

dzxkrg426

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i found out wut it was it was the actual intake makin that noise

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Your intake is making a clicking noise? o.o

Pineapples

Yes, I'm a n00b. Bite me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
how...? did u inserted a quarter into your intake or something? Cuz I don't see how an intake makes a clicking noise. Fill me in dude.

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
possibly the mounts on the intake are loose and when he accelerates the vibration from the engine is causing a metal on metal contact and making a clicking noise... That would be my first thought

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
FireEMT8572 said:
possibly the mounts on the intake are loose and when he accelerates the vibration from the engine is causing a metal on metal contact and making a clicking noise... That would be my first thought
That's what I thought too.. but it doesnt seem like that's what he's saying.

dzxkrg426

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wen sittin in the car it sounds like a click but wen u look under the hood and listen to it its a sound comin from the intake so really its not a click

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2000exCivic said:
it could be the heat shield my car does it sometimes when i almost stall it
Thats what Im thinking cause mine does it when I first accelerate

dzxkrg426

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i didnt fix it... i just drive normally and u dont hear it u only hear it wen u tap on the accel