weird clunking sound after coilover install..

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have a DB integra but I have a 5th Gen civic suspension system in it so whatever. They are Function Form Type I's and it's coming from the rear passanger wheel. I don't get it. Everything seems to be installed correctly, and I checked the perches and they are tight. It makes a clunk sound when I go over bumps. Could it be the sway bar? It doesn't sit "level" when up in the air and it was difficult to tighten the endlink bolts when installing...

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's pretty common with coilovers, don't worry about it.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
take pictures of the sway bar not sitting level and the endlinks

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
still have bumpstops?
They're full coilovers... so I would assume there are bump stops in there. I'm not THAT low though.

and shiznit, i'll try to get some later today.

Shadow Walker

5+ Year Member
1) If the sway bar doesn't sit level when on a hard level surface the 2 most common causes are bent/damaged end link or twisted sway bar. Bare in mind that over time sway bars, like any spring do fatigue.

2) If your hearing a clunk when going over bumps one thing i suggest is jack up the car untill the wheel is off the ground then carefully inspect the coilover for signs of either inadequite contact pressure between the spring and perch or worn wear points.

Jordan_n

No fun unless ur Dragging
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my bushings are bad in the rear and I hear clunkings to.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
something is either bent or ur bushings are bad..
its worth tearing all the way apart again and inspecting everything..

Shadow Walker

5+ Year Member
If the trailing arm bushing is bad you might consider using the poly from Energy Suspension. I've used it with excellent results on 2 personal vehicles and on projects I was hired for.