Weird noises in front end

mseebran

5+ Year Member
Hi guys, This is my first Civic - 92 DX sedan 5-speed really rough shape.Whats worse is that I'm an autobody tech and someone with poop for brains really f'ed up this car.The outside is blue with runs and bondo spots showing everywhere and the door jambs are stock white with some blue overspray here and there.Interior is rough also and some things have been spray painted white(I could have done a better job with a brush!!!). Anyway, to the point. I got the car cheap- $700 and had to fix someone's rigged up power steering installation. Easy fix - yank it out and stick a manual steering rack out of a 93 in it. Cost me $75 bucks with a guarantee to work or will be replace. Worked just fine. When I drive and go down in bumps or move from a sudden stop or make a sudden stop I here a loud creaking noise in the front. I cant determine exactly where it is but it seems to come form the suspension on the right side.Definitely not CV axles. Any advice would be helpful. I am not very experienced with mechanical work, but I have enough experience to fix minor things, hell the steering rack swap was a piece of cake, but anything more technical will go to a local shop or I will have to get a friend to help me. I really just want to make this car stock/mildly modified with intake, exhaust and some simple things. PLEASE HELP.

94_4dr

5+ Year Member
Sit on the side of the car thats creaking and bounce up and down if it creaks when you do that i could be three things

1. the spring could be going bad

2. the suspension arm bushings are about done

3. Check the shock piston to see if theres any debri

Those are my best guesses :???:

dgn1978

hondaologist
5+ Year Member
If you figure it out please keep me posted I have the same creaking in the front but it seems to come from the left side.

Jas0n

What's up dogz!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
ball joints maybe???

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
contagious i guess, my started doing the same after i put stock rims back on, and then mine is making a different sound as well, that two problems in less then a week

kreatine30

5+ Year Member
If it sounds like a groan or a big ass MOAN like a creaking noise..fellas ill tell ya its your lower control army bar...i had the same sound comming from my front end and had to get it replaced.......

92EH9

flat black rat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mine sounded like an old ship creaking, it was the lower ball joint. it would stop when i jacked the car up so i finally went ahead and took a guess at it and was right, no more creaks or groans