weird problem

Ryancivic97

5+ Year Member
So again today i go out to my car to leave for work and i go to start it and nothing happens... no dash lights no nothing... batteries fine, my dome light comes on and my headlights work... now this happened a couple days ago... for some reason if open my door and close it again it starts up fine...all my settings on my radio get reset like someone disconected the battery...any1 have any ideas im at a loss...

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think i have the same prob with my coupe, messed with the dimmer on dash and they came on. could be a bad dimmer switch, thats what i guessing, i didnt fix the prob, just parting out car now, loose connection maybe?

98EKDX

5+ Year Member
Check all of you fuses and relays. As weird as it sounds one fuse or relay controls different things in the car so if it goes bad different things may go bad too. May not be the problem at all but its worth a shot unless you already checked that stuff.

Civic2007

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
cant be a fuse if its an intermitant problem.....fuses are either burnt out or workin period......and you say it starts fine when you shut the door again so maybe there is a loose connection you rattle when you slam the door shut.......if you recently installed a cd player that might be why your dash lights are out.......sometimes when you put in a cd player without disconnecting the battery it will blow your instrument panel fuse.......and also there is a ground with the cd player that may cause your car not to start.....so if your cd player just got stolen or you got one and put it in wrong that would def. be the cause

Bluedragon

5+ Year Member
orange and orange white

A common mistake on radio installs is the illumination wire, there is a orange wire on the deck harness and an orange wire and orange with white strip on the vehicle side harness. The orange wire is actually a negative trigger and the orange and white is actually a positive trigger. Most decks need a positive trigger. So double check that, and see if that takes care of it.

Good luck