weird sound

sunman

5+ Year Member
weird sound and knock

when i'm in neutral and slowing down to a stop, i start hearing a clicking sound coming from the front left of my car. i can't figure out wat it is, but it only happens once in a while.

and also when i push down on my clutch tp switch gears, i hear a knock come from my engine.

can anyone help me on these? thanks

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
are you on the brakes when you hear this? could be the suspension, if the weight is being transfered to the front like what im assuming.. time for new struts

sunman

5+ Year Member
there's no vibration on the steering wheel. it's just when i'm braking to a stop, when i'm almost at a stop it'll start clicking in the front, by my left front wheel.

takumei86

5+ Year Member
mine does that to like if im not hard on the brake pedal but if i push harder it stops! i think its because i need pads or something?!?!?

Chucklee514

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It could be that your shims are loose on your pads, or the metal hardware on the caliper bracket is loose. It could even be a loose caliper bolt. It would be best to give an inspection to be safe.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It could be that your shims are loose on your pads, or the metal hardware on the caliper bracket is loose. It could even be a loose caliper bolt. It would be best to give an inspection to be safe.
+1

and / or could be axle

sunman

5+ Year Member
bump. now theres a knock sound in my engine. anyone have an idea wats goign on?

Chucklee514

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, you're going to have to pinpoint where from the engine the noise originates and under what circumstances. There are WAY too many things that can cause a knocking noise from the engine. I'm not trying to offend, but, just in case you haven't, check the oil right away.

sunman

5+ Year Member
ya, i changed the oil recently. i think the sound might've been my lug nut. when i was rotating my tires, one of them was really loose, and after i tightened it, the sound went away. so hopefully that was the reason for the sound.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ya, i changed the oil recently. i think the sound might've been my lug nut. when i was rotating my tires, one of them was really loose, and after i tightened it, the sound went away. so hopefully that was the reason for the sound.
heh i had that problem once, i had a lug nut about to fall off, i thought some serious s**t was about to go down, but i just tightened it back up, cured

frankmoocivic

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I had a problem similar I wish it was a lug nut!!!!! I heard a clicking noise for a week and now my engine bay has no engine :( I pulled my oil pan and there were 20 pieces of rod bearing. So just goes to show you it could be very big or a very small problem. New engine on it's way!!!!!!!

sunman

5+ Year Member
I had a problem similar I wish it was a lug nut!!!!! I heard a clicking noise for a week and now my engine bay has no engine :( I pulled my oil pan and there were 20 pieces of rod bearing. So just goes to show you it could be very big or a very small problem. New engine on it's way!!!!!!!
i hear a clicking noise too. oh man... i should check that:shock: