Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Should be right above the drain plug...

SlowTEC

Initiate brain dump in...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Every thread you've started has a question that's been answered time and time again.

SEARCH!!!

If you spent some time under your car as opposed to asking for handouts online, you would have found the damn filter... s**t, you could have at least Googled it. Oh wait, let me do it for you...

CLICK ME

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
1996 Honda Civic Oil Filter is located on the backside (rear) of the motor by the firewall, about 10 inches above the oil drain plug and a little to the right (towards passenger side). The car must be on ramps or a secure jack (with blocks) so you can get under it. Let all the oil drain from the pan first. Wait 5-10 minutes for the filter to drain as well. It is mounted at a small angle so it will drain. Thus no mess. It's a bit tight, but I could get a oil filter wrench on the filter to loosen it. Replacement was easy enough once I found the filter. Not really visible from the topside of the engine.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
The engine is located under your hood (the big thing that opens up in front of the car).

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
None of us really did any good, because you haven't learned anything, except for if you keep asking, you'll always get what you want.
A way to learn is to ask dumbfuck.

Last edited:

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't know what you could possibly f**k up in this particular case

thermalstorm

5+ Year Member
Every thread you've started has a question that's been answered time and time again.

SEARCH!!!

If you spent some time under your car as opposed to asking for handouts online, you would have found the damn filter... s**t, you could have at least Googled it. Oh wait, let me do it for you...

CLICK ME
That click me s**t is priceless, im still crying laughing

bmx4life54321

saving neglected honda
5+ Year Member
nice little picture ya got there bud with the brain falling out of your head!! must be a true story! stop acting like a hard ass do some research. why ask and wait for a response when you can google image search "OIL FILTER" and get it in seconds. you really did lose your brain man

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't know what you could possibly f**k up in this particular case
You could f**k up in this particular case by not putting the filter back on. Without the filter, all the oil will shoot out of the back of the block, and guess what? No more oil to keep the engine lubricated. No lubrication = bad.

Even tho it would be easier for the OP to Google it, google dosent always answer every single question out there. Granted, this case is a simple one and there IS an answer out there that Google wouldve helped, but not always.

SlowTEC

Initiate brain dump in...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice little picture ya got there bud with the brain falling out of your head!! must be a true story! stop acting like a hard ass do some research. why ask and wait for a response when you can google image search "OIL FILTER" and get it in seconds. you really did lose your brain man
Hmm, I believe you have mistaken me for the OP. Try again... :roll:.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You could f**k up in this particular case by not putting the filter back on. Without the filter, all the oil will shoot out of the back of the block, and guess what? No more oil to keep the engine lubricated. No lubrication = bad.

Even tho it would be easier for the OP to Google it, google dosent always answer every single question out there. Granted, this case is a simple one and there IS an answer out there that Google wouldve helped, but not always.
no no youve got it all wrong.

he couldnt f**k anything up... he couldnt find the filter..thus... never removing it.

in cases like this though... if you arent confident in doing your own oil change... the dealer will happily do it for you for a fee.

most dealers for just an oil change are around 25 bux.