whadya think?? (paint question)

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its like a shiney flat black...haha, how did he get it to look like that? or are those just pics you found on the net??

6sic6

Nt brn w/enuf midl fngrs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
They're from a mini meet on here somewhere. There's a new flat black that comes out looking like that. THe paintshop my dad goes to calls it hotrod suede. It has the sealing properties of normal paint but, the look of flat black primer.

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the more i look at those pictures, the more i like that color.....happen to know the pricing?

6sic6

Nt brn w/enuf midl fngrs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Rand0m said:
the more i look at those pictures, the more i like that color.....happen to know the pricing?
It's not expensive... I can't remember the prices. We're buying it for the 53.

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i might be buying it for the 92 :lol: my modern day "hot rod" HA

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
captiva blue pearl is a beautiful color, however its widely used.. I dont know.. theres soo many good looking colors, but I say stick to an oem color..

6sic6

Nt brn w/enuf midl fngrs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Rand0m said:
i might be buying it for the 92 :lol: my modern day "hot rod" HA
U say hotrod and it reminds me of my 53 sittin there with her front clip off. :(
But, the transplant went well and she should be goin again soon. But, that's off topic. :lol:

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha, just pushin for the bright yellow sooo hard! haha....theres actually another bright yellow 5th gen around here...no wait, make that 2

6sic6

Nt brn w/enuf midl fngrs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
neojen said:
but I say stick to an oem color..
You're gonna have a lot of people tell you that. Most import tuners aren't very open minded to different themes going into a tuner.
But, you'd have an easier time selling the hatch later with an oem color.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i like oem cuz, sometimes, it saves money on getting someone to blend the paint again

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How do you keep "flat black" clean?

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
you wash it

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i still think bright ass yellow.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
when u have no clearcoat (like on most ferraris), you have to use softer car wash, such as meg's hi-tech wash #00. usually this kind of wash liquid does not strip wax and it more gentle. the trick, as always, is in lightly using a claybar and then polishing the paint. no clearcoat means no typical reflective gloss, but it allows for a much deeper colour and shine. polish is vital in keeping a non-clearcoat car's paint fresh and oily. of course, two thin layers of wax will give it adequate protection for a couple weeks

6sic6

Nt brn w/enuf midl fngrs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mr. Lin said:
How do you keep "flat black" clean?
I've just used mild soaps same as I always have. It washes the same. You just don't have as much shine.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
less shine, true, but the colour is a lot deeper. plus, u can still have gloss with a good glaze

charles_00Civic

CC'S Longest Running Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If your gonne do a blue get the blue INFINITI uses.. It's sick.. but in my opinion Silver Stone is the nicest silver ever (also infiniti) it's light silver thena tint of green and blue) hard to describe.. but amazing.. in pics it looks silver.. but in real life its amazing.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
tell me what colour you like and i'll find u a really nice version of htat colour