What alarm is this and need help installing..

xsubxwooferx

5+ Year Member
The guy I bought car from told me theirs 3 wires...green, yellow, and green ground wire.Well I got it all hooked up to where the green and red light on that thing turns on with car on and off. The only prob is, It dont make no noise like a alarm.Just has lights on.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It isn't going to an effective one at all if it is mounted right out in the open like that.

No alarm worth a damn that I have ever seen has just 3 wires. You need wires for the power, ground, triggers, door locks, relays, siren, acc (fuel/starter cut off, window/sunroof close, etc), led, etc. There is usually a huge bundle of wires, relays, sensors, etc with the good ones.

To make the sound you are going to need a siren. That box isn't going to magically make noise.

There must be something that I am missing in communication here.

jb0ne

Banned
yeah his knowledge of English.

IT DONT MAKE NO NOISE!

reminds me of simple jack from Tropic Thunder

okay; now for the goodness.

Your name is subwoofer; granted thats not original and pretty lame but that leads me to this. You prob. have a system.. And you prob. want to protect it, Correct?

If you have things you like inside your car, or money invested you cannot afford to lose. Get an alarm. Its that simple.

Brands:

Python
Viper
Cobra

oddly all types of snakes, never noticed that. Be prepared to spend a good 100-200 though.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just can't get over that pic. For one regardless of what it is, it's too big to be mount on the dash like that. Sticks out like a sore thumb. Another thing, if is really is an alarm brain, that wins the award for the dumbest placement. All they have to do is break the window, reach in, clip the wires, and throw that down the road. Could do it before it even barely makes a chirp.

Ouch on the big hole now in the dash and the screw holes from mounting the box.

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

Most epic fail alarm install I have eever een =/

Cmon the whole point is to hide everything lol

xsubxwooferx

5+ Year Member
Well wasn't done by me....If i take it apart can I just pull wires off it without any lights not working?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well wasn't done by me....If i take it apart can I just pull wires off it without any lights not working?

Couldn't tell ya. I still don't even know what it is. How does it work? Like I said, it isn't going to magically go off. What triggers it? I have NEVER seen a 4 wire alarm.

My vote is that it isn't an alarm at all. Converter box for l.e.d. or interior "bling" lights or something similar maybe, but no alarm.

I still want to know why (regardless of what it is) is that big box mounted right on the dash like that. I would be asking the po what the hell it is for real and why is it mounted there. Then I would look over the rest of the car really good to see what else he messed up or did a piss poor job installing.

xsubxwooferx

5+ Year Member
Might be....im 3rd owner...1st owner put that in it.....2nd owner told me it was alarm....I found no horn connecting from it or in hood.....Since its connected to alot of wires under steering column and had ground wire I had to hook then the 3 to battery and it worked. But I dont know if anything is going on....Could it be a sensor for someone to get the car...I figured 1st owner was black seeing cleaning in between seats and found chain neckless with black guy on it.