1. ClubCivic is now on Instagram! Follow us at clubcivicdotcom. Want your photos features? Tag or DM us, use #clubcivicdotcom, or email us your photos to photos@clubcivic.com

What are these called?

Discussion in '7th Generation Honda Civic (2001-2005)' started by Dperrin05, Dec 2, 2016.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. Dperrin05

Dperrin05 Respected

I am looking to install some USB ports here and wondering where I can find this piece and what it is called? I have looked everywhere. It is a 2005 Honda Civic LX and I this part goes under the radio. Thanks![​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  2. HeX

HeX Authoritah, respected. Staff Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

Visit HondaPartsNow.com and look up the parts diagram for OEM name & part number.

Also, being that this is not a DIY thread, I moved it into the correct section. Please read each section description before posting. Not doing so and making assumptions only reduces your chances of receiving helpful responses.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  3. XpL0d3r

XpL0d3r What Civic? Staff Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

I believe that part is called a switch hole lid

4. Dperrin05

Dperrin05 Respected

Thank you so much!

5. weav01

weav01 Respected

Where would you run power from for the USB plug? Would it be 5v?

6. Dperrin05

Dperrin05 Respected

It is going to be coming from the USB port on the back of an aftermarket stereo. It is just a USB extension.

weav01 likes this.
  7. Ep3po

Ep3po Respected

You can remove that panel and cut a small hole the center of the cutout the same size as the USB connector and feed wire threw and secure it from the rear using silicone. it will look factory if you center it properly.use a quality wire so your not doing it twice when the cheap Chinese USB wire fails. Whole project should cost about $10 and take less than an hour