What are these for, see the pic please

rpfn140378

5+ Year Member
Hi all
Another day I was cleaning a bit in my civic’s engine compartment and then I started wondering what these 4 devices/sensors are or whatever name these things are called, what they are and what they do. I will try to upload a picture and starting from the left to the right I put some arrows to indicate what I’m talking about.
The engine is a D14Z4 1.4 six generation civic from 2000.
I do many bits and pieces in my cars but those four bits I have no clue what so ever what they do.
Thanks

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Left to right, IAT sensor which is the intake air temperature sensor, TPS throttle position sensor which is just like it sounds, MAP manifold absolute pressure sensor which is used to measure the density and quantity of air entering the air manifold, EVAP evaporative emissions control sensor allows fumes from the gas tank to enter the engine to be burned, rather than vented into the atmosphere as an emission.

rpfn140378

5+ Year Member
Left to right, IAT sensor which is the intake air temperature sensor, TPS throttle position sensor which is just like it sounds, MAP manifold absolute pressure sensor which is used to measure the density and quantity of air entering the air manifold, EVAP evaporative emissions control sensor allows fumes from the gas tank to enter the engine to be burned, rather than vented into the atmosphere as an emission.
Thanks for your quick response and knowledge.
The car is now reaching 85k miles, do any of those sensors need to be changed or cleaned at some point/mileage? I would prefer to change or clean them if it needs to rather than to be left at the road side waiting for assistance at some point.

cvcrcr99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I wouldn't suggest touching them unless you have to.