XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Still debating whether to get braces before going root canal & crown or just skip braces and get the RC/C
I had braces for almost 3 years, from 4th-6th grade. Just went to the dentist last week, and they mentioned I had soft enamel in spots where the braces were mounted. They recommended I take some special enamel-strengthening paste to put on my teeth, that also helps balance the color. Even though it wasn't covered by my insurance, I bought it. I only get one set of teeth (I guess, technically two), so I'm really trying to take care of them. 0 cavities and hopefully never counting! *knock on wood*

And good luck getting everything sorted out, Nick.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Most of my dental issues stem from having the same set of braces from 5th grade to 11th grade. I was a bad kid and my parents stopped paying the orthodontist. When I got them off my teeth were corroded and covered in brown square stains. It was terrible. They ground all of my teeth that are visible when smiling down to the enamel and built them back up with this bonding material. Basically bondo :lol:

Take care of your teeth!

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
I had braces twice first time was just top 4 to close gap as a kid. The second time was a few weeks into freshman year of highschool then got them taken off right before graduation. I didn't like wearing my bands. My teeth are fine though no cavities as of yet knock on wood

OneFastGSR

Registered VIP
My radio came in I ordered on black friday, Going to solder up the wiring harness's tonight then install it tomorrow during the day, Also my goodridge stainless steel brake lines came in, shops done installing my bushings/wheel studs on my rear disc conversion so i'll get to install that stuff soon, Alot more parts otw to! Going to be alot going on in my build thread next coming weeks :D

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol the wonder world of acura, for some reason, acura parts are not as well made as honda. i had a integra in college and that thing was a pile of s**t.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They're the same parts. They're all made by Honda. Its the same plastic. I pulled on it a little too hard. My door didn't unlock at first so I basically tore it off.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
seeing the forum this slow makes me sad in heart, there is a thread on the first page from tues day! jesus what happend? why the slow death all of a sudden? this place was jumping a year or so ago, now its just like a ghost town.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
They're the same parts. They're all made by Honda. Its the same plastic. I pulled on it a little too hard. My door didn't unlock at first so I basically tore it off.
i know this fool , im just saying i dont think integras was made with the same heart the civics were. i know, i had one . the god damn door panel fell off one day. and the hatch plastic was the most rattling s**t ever.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
People find & use Facebook now instead of Googling questions and finding places like this

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
People find & use Facebook now instead of Googling questions and finding places like this
That, and, the information is all readily available here without requiring users to sign up. We frequently have a lot of visitors to the forums, almost 500 as I type. Most come from Google, find what they need, and that's that -- no need for them to sign up or post. And by this point, just about every possible question regarding these things has been asked, so information is plentiful.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I had braces twice first time was just top 4 to close gap as a kid. The second time was a few weeks into freshman year of highschool then got them taken off right before graduation. I didn't like wearing my bands. My teeth are fine though no cavities as of yet knock on wood

I needed braces. Not terribly bad, but the spacers they put in your teeth gave me terrible migraines and i wouldve had them in my senior pictures so i told my parents no.

My teeth are crooked, but no biggie. Suppose i will have more problems with them the older i get.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
seeing the forum this slow makes me sad in heart, there is a thread on the first page from tues day! jesus what happend? why the slow death all of a sudden? this place was jumping a year or so ago, now its just like a ghost town.

Cuz you left...

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Working today and tomorrow, then switching back to nights for 4 weeks. So I'll get up at 5am tomorrow, work 12 hours, and then stay up until 9am Saturday morning. 28 hours no sleep. I do this once a month :lol: switching back to days is easy, back to nights sucks.

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
k20 for sale locally, pretty tempting but it'd take a hit on my harley fund. if only engine swaps were quicker and cheaper

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Working today and tomorrow, then switching back to nights for 4 weeks. So I'll get up at 5am tomorrow, work 12 hours, and then stay up until 9am Saturday morning. 28 hours no sleep. I do this once a month :lol: switching back to days is easy, back to nights sucks.

That aint no s**t. f**k night shift

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ahh just had an immediate company meeting..

$2500 bonus! With potential of another $2500 in February!

We get a bonus of up to 15% of salary every year. Usually it's done in 3 increments of up to 5% each. We sucked in the beginning of the year so got 0 for the first part, but stepped it up quite a bit from July til the end of the year, so we got 6% today, with potential of 6% more in February if the shop can handle the sudden massive increase in product output. Woot!

I love that my bonus is based on how well the company does, yet, I'm just the IT guy. :lol:

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ahh just had an immediate company meeting..

$2500 bonus! With potential of another $2500 in February!

We get a bonus of up to 15% of salary every year. Usually it's done in 3 increments of up to 5% each. We sucked in the beginning of the year so got 0 for the first part, but stepped it up quite a bit from July til the end of the year, so we got 6% today, with potential of 6% more in February if the shop can handle the sudden massive increase in product output. Woot!

I love that my bonus is based on how well the company does, yet, I'm just the IT guy. :lol:
Got to love that. Part of mine is based on company performance and we increased sales 30%+ this year. Can't wait for bonuses

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Been at work for 15 hours. Got back to the shop to go home and get a call that i get to go on 2 more jobs.

Hoping to be home by 3 pm tomorrow...