XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Do itttt! We can make a ClubCivic Crew! I'm currently in a ClubRSX one but I'd gladly switch.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Never on when anyone from CRSX is

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do itttt! We can make a ClubCivic Crew! I'm currently in a ClubRSX one but I'd gladly switch.
I will get it eventually, don't worry. But I'm in the process of possibly getting another car so I can't spend any money right now.

Harv_D_Johnson

Picking up a set of tan teg seats to replace the gray ones. I dont know about anywhere else but around here they are like a unicorn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Left work yesterday, got about a mile down the road (I live less than 3 miles from work), passed a cop driving the opposite way from me, then suddenly whip it around, so I knew I was in for it.....

I actually completely forgot to get my car inspected... in December. :roll: :lol:
He also got me for tint but gave me a fix-it. I'll probably end up pulling the tint, then re-tinting when the weather gets nicer. Boo.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That blows dude. Cops have eagle eyes when it comes to inspection stickerz.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Righttt. But I just called Ziebart. They work like car salesmen, they start off with high prices, but they're very personable and easy to talk to, and you can reason with them. He offered me $60 to remove the tint, then $60 to have them re-tinted after I get the ticket signed off :lol:

I talked him down to $20 per window to remove, $25 per window to re-tint... so $90 total rather than $120. Saved 25% lol :thumbs up

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Put the bike away. Bald tires in the rain are not fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Righttt. But I just called Ziebart. They work like car salesmen, they start off with high prices, but they're very personable and easy to talk to, and you can reason with them. He offered me $60 to remove the tint, then $60 to have them re-tinted after I get the ticket signed off :lol:

I talked him down to $20 per window to remove, $25 per window to re-tint... so $90 total rather than $120. Saved 25% lol :thumbs up
Have you ever tried to remove tint yourself? It's not too bad.

Except the back window and the defroster lines.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Have you ever tried to remove tint yourself? It's not too bad.

Except the back window and the defroster lines.
This. Very easy. Removed mine with a steamer in about 15 minutes.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Havent been here in a bit. Busy as f**k at work. Its kinda nice

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I wish I had a steamer. I used windex and a razor blade.
Cost me less than $20 on amazon. Well worth it for the time saved. Plus razor blades are a no no for defroster lines.

I had no mess to clean other than the crumpled up old tint and the water.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Have you ever tried to remove tint yourself? It's not too bad..
Yup, I removed the tint on the Civic last summer. Not doing it in sub zero temps though. As of right now, it's 5 degrees (feels like is -13). It was -6 feels like -30 when I woke up this morning haha. I don't have a garage either, so I don't mind paying a little $ to retain my limbs. :lol:

This. Very easy. Removed mine with a steamer in about 15 minutes.
Noted for if I ever do it in the future. I too did the razor blade and windex thing... it wasn't bad once I started going really slow, but my first try took me over an hour for one window to get it fully cleaned.

I have a heat gun now though, so I'm sure that will work just as fine too.

Havent been here in a bit. Busy as f**k at work. Its kinda nice
Yeah, I've been real busy today. Only guy doing IT support for all 20 offices that we have across the Americas. On top of that a SANS disk failed this morning, and a Windows update keeps breaking one of our quoting programs ... no quotes = no customers = no bonus = unhappy employees lol. Less than 30 minutes to go!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
We got shut down because theres supposed to be a big storm coming in. Its weird cuz we work in all conditions. I dont think ive ever been told to stay home because of weather but ill take it. Night shift sucks lol

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Noted for if I ever do it in the future. I too did the razor blade and windex thing... it wasn't bad once I started going really slow, but my first try took me over an hour for one window to get it fully cleaned.

I have a heat gun now though, so I'm sure that will work just as fine too.
I used the heat gun method for years. Never again. I saw one of the guys using a steamer one day and I was amazed. Takes a second to get it doing it's thing, but when the tint starts letting go it falls off like melting butter and there is no mess as long as you don't pull the tint too hard. Even if you do, you take a rag and wipe the sticky stuff when the steam is still doing it's job and it comes off with the rest of the water.

What I like is the steam cleans everything too. I used it to clean the door panels and the window after I was done. The worst part was being in the car with all the steam doing the back window. Got kinda hot back there but it was fast enough that it wasn't too bad.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hit the gym as early as I could and came straight back this time
Cleared & reformatted SD cards
Charged camera battery & flash batteries
Cleared my headlights
Washed it for the second time this week