What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You make me jealous every time you talk about going boarding. I'm going this weekend, first time of the season for me I'm pumped!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
It was sooooooo good. I'm still sore!

:thumbs up

I actually ran without a catch can for a while, and a simple breather filter on my valve cover. Not a good idea. There was blow by and sediment all over the place lol. Definitely run something, but using a vacuum source on the valve cover is SKETCH. It's a science. If it's off by a little, you can produce too much vacuum (easy), and destroy your valve train. Although, low vacuum is fine. It's up to you, really, but I'd say run a catch can with a return system, and you'll be golden. If tucked, they look nice.
Basically I'm going to run the vacuum line from the back of the valve cover and two from the back of the block with a catchcan. I want to relieve as much crank pressure as I can for my rings' sake. And yeah you have to keep it under 15 hg/in I believe for the sake of the valve guides and such. And I really don't want to make my bay more nasty than it is.

I dont like the idea of running junk back into my good oil no thanks. I thank i would rather dump it which is my plan.
You definitely can do that, but I really wouldn't want more soot ending up on my rear bumper. And you'd have to run without a cat and run it after your O2

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Speaking if pcv routing...

My cummins pcv reroutes back into the intake piping right before the turbo inlet.

Needless to say when i put in my cold air intake i blocked off the pcv port into the intake and will be going with a catch can setup on the truck also. I dont understand y a manufacturer thinks its a good idea to recirc harmful fumes and gunk into a turbo...

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
IBasically I'm going to run the vacuum line from the back of the valve cover and two from the back of the block with a catchcan. I want to relieve as much crank pressure as I can for my rings' sake. And yeah you have to keep it under 15 hg/in I believe for the sake of the valve guides and such. And I really don't want to make my bay more nasty than it is.

You definitely can do that, but I really wouldn't want more soot ending up on my rear bumper. And you'd have to run without a cat and run it after your O2
If you plan on getting right amount of vacuum and remember you only need vacuum if you hook it up somewhere that can get boost such as intake and what not you will ruin your system b/c it will be getting pressurized and i mean dump as in manually empty out the catch can in a bucket or something.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Basically I'm going to run the vacuum line from the back of the valve cover and two from the back of the block with a catchcan. I want to relieve as much crank pressure as I can for my rings' sake. And yeah you have to keep it under 15 hg/in I believe for the sake of the valve guides and such. And I really don't want to make my bay more nasty than it is.

That setup should work fine. I ran without a cat, and I did have a lot of carbon buildup on my bumper. I was going to have a carbon fiber cutout on my bumper above my muffler (like you see Subies and Evos running) so that it wouldn't destroy the bumper. I ended up retuning, then just running a catch can. It was fine after that.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you plan on getting right amount of vacuum and remember you only need vacuum if you hook it up somewhere that can get boost such as intake and what not you will ruin your system b/c it will be getting pressurized and i mean dump as in manually empty out the catch can in a bucket or something.
You should only have to check your catchcan every oil change or so. If it's filling up faster than that, you have other issues...

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
I was just stating my plan of action. Their are quite a few factors as to how often you should dump the catch can. The main one will be size of the catch can.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That setup should work fine. I ran without a cat, and I did have a lot of carbon buildup on my bumper. I was going to have a carbon fiber cutout on my bumper above my muffler (like you see Subies and Evos running) so that it wouldn't destroy the bumper. I ended up retuning, then just running a catch can. It was fine after that.
That's why my exhaust tip sticks out a little far beyond the bumper. Everyone points that out to me but it's for function, not because I measured wrong.

You should only have to check your catchcan every oil change or so. If it's filling up faster than that, you have other issues...
This.

I was just stating my plan of action. Their are quite a few factors as to how often you should dump the catch can. The main one will be size of the catch can.
You can also use clear tubes to kind of show you when you should empty the catch can.

takeachance

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Test drove a Subie BRZ today, going to sleep on it, as with the bank i work for I get a pretty good discount and would be trading in a car and paying cash so I wouldn't have to have a car payment. Already have a turbo picked out for it =)

takeachance

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I am tempted, perfect color and everything (red) Has all of 14 miles on it lol, guy who ordered it backed out apparently so I got the call. Such a fun little car to drive

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am tempted, perfect color and everything (red) Has all of 14 miles on it lol, guy who ordered it backed out apparently so I got the call. Such a fun little car to drive
I want to test drive one.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've seen several of those BRZ's around. I get them mixed up with the Scion FR-S. They look a lot alike...

takeachance

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Would be a great auto-x car as well. Plus throwing a turbo on a already perfect handling car would be fun to drive =) I might try to get him down another grand

Sleeper EG8

Android Powered!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Went to a job interview got the job going to be making $11/hr for 90days then get a raise. I start Thursday super excited. But now I'm trying to decide if I should continue working on my civic or just get something else. I really want
a 96-00 4Dr

Eg hatch

Ek hatch

Integra

Or another 240

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member