What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

takeachance

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So I went to get gas tonight after work and my card got declined. So I checked my bank and I'm negative 127 dollars. So I'm like what the f***, there's no way. So I get home and check my transactions and they're all there, no fraudulent charges, etc. BUT the deposit that I made today wasn't there! I ran around and bought all the s*** I needed this morning after making my deposit, checked my account and it had 220 bucks left. So for whatever reason my deposit never actually posted to my account. Thankfully I have my receipt from my deposit. I'll just have to call my bank in the morning and get this s*** sorted out. Felt like I got robbed when I saw my account balance. My girl's sister in law worked at the bank that I use and I talked to her and she said that at the end of every business day they "scan" all the checks and send them to the federal reserve and that's when the money is actually posted to the account. So she said it sounds like I got skipped somehow.

So lame -.-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ummm that isnt how it works at all with the bigger banks perhaps some podunk credit union but when you deposit a check it runs through the system to do a soft hit on the check amount and funding bank. A copy does go to the fed but we can tell if funds are avail pretty quickly. depending on the bank there can be a hold placed on it and yes even with payroll checks. How did you deposit the check was it at an ATM or with a teller. The bank I work for places a hold on all but 200 bucks of a atm deposit for our risk teams to verify funds. You can normally ask a teller to do a check verification right then and there to release all funds. Who do you bank with? I write bank software all day and can tell you every in and out of it.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats y i never let my account get that low..
My whole check was only 423 dollars lol. I've never had a check over 550 dollars. Ever. In four years working. And I'm a manager. (>.<) it sucks.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ummm that isnt how it works at all with the bigger banks perhaps some podunk credit union but when you deposit a check it runs through the system to do a soft hit on the check amount and funding bank. depending on the bank there can be a hold placed on it and yes even with payroll checks. How did you deposit the check was it at an ATM or with a teller. The bank I work for places a hold on all but 200 bucks of a atm deposit for our risk teams to verify funds. You can normally ask a teller to do a check verification right then and there to release all funds. Who do you bank with? I write bank software all day and can tell you every in and out of it.
It's a bank called people's bank. They are very small. They have two locations. I deposited my check with a teller. One of the same teller that I use every time almost lol. She's actually the manager/head teller, whatever. I've never had an issue with depositing my checks and immediately spending a good bit of it. I always pay my bills the day I get paid.

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My whole check was only 423 dollars lol. I've never had a check over 550 dollars. Ever. In four years working. And I'm a manager. (>.<) it sucks.

I had over 723$ today before I bought the F09s.

takeachance

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's a bank called people's bank. They are very small. They have two locations. I deposited my check with a teller. One of the same teller that I use every time almost lol. She's actually the manager/head teller, whatever. I've never had an issue with depositing my checks and immediately spending a good bit of it. I always pay my bills the day I get paid.

Hmm ok cause I work for chase and I was going to say I can get you in touch with the right people to fix it in 30 seconds but sadly I cannot help there. They might have a different process but us big banks are pretty speedy lol. Might just be they had a system issue with some deposits and will hard post tonight.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hmm ok cause I work for chase and I was going to say I can get you in touch with the right people to fix it in 30 seconds but sadly I cannot help there. They might have a different process but us big banks are pretty speedy lol. Might just be they had a system issue with some deposits and will hard post tonight.
Don't know. I just hope it will all be easily resolved. Thanks for wanting to help though. I appreciate it.

takeachance

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Don't know. I just hope it will all be easily resolved. Thanks for wanting to help though. I appreciate it.

As long as you have the receipt you will be fine, I'm sure they have the required info on the bottom or something and save it in case you get some crazy overdraft fees or something as well. My bet is system issue, we have them from time to time and our resolvers go back and hard post items to all the accounts. That usually means my dept screwed up some scripts somewhere on our overnight updates lol

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn, it's almost 2am already?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Finally installed my needswings 3in downpipe on the daily, mmmm open downpipe :drool:

Then went for a cruise....

Man RonJ cleared house didnt he lol

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mmm I just absolutely love your teg.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

JeffBel

Registered VIP
Trying to figure out why the hell I have no rear running lights or brake lights on the truck. Shits pissing me off

JeffBel

Registered VIP
Chevys. Blinker switch burns up and knocks out my rear lights. Starting to miss my civic more and more

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Going to the junkyard with the hopes of hitting gold(ex 96-98 EWH). Also grabbing some small things the car is missing.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A smaller auto repair place really close to where I live.

Starting to think about going back to school. Automotive engineering has intrigued me since high school... anyone have experience with that field or know someone who does? Is it worth it? What's it like?

I'm having like a pre-mid life crisis right now.
Crash im an engineer at Chrysler. I went for my bachelors of Mechanical Engineering right out of high school and I'm not going to lie it was a tough degree but i was headstrong and applied myself and got through it. Ive been working for chrysler 2 years now and i glad to be where im at. Student loans suck but im still living somewhat comfortably. Let me know if you have any questions automive engineering is an awesome field

Chevys. Blinker switch burns up and knocks out my rear lights. Starting to miss my civic more and more
I was gonna say... its a Chevy lol

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2