What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Same here. It was like 80 for a whole week, then it got super muggy. Now it's nasty and rainy. Old Seattle weather had to show her face again :(
The weather has been really sword here ,lately and it's getting people sick. It'll be hot as hell one day, then be cold to the point of a frost advisory, and then it'll go through all four seasons in like a half hour.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Gotta love Washington =) can have winter/fall/spring/summer in the same day =)
I love it =) and when it's nice it's beautiful out.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The weather has been really sword here ,lately and it's getting people sick. It'll be hot as hell one day, then be cold to the point of a frost advisory, and then it'll go through all four seasons in like a half hour.

WAT

I love it =) and when it's nice it's beautiful out.
Yeah you guys are jerks. Sometimes it's nice here, but mostly just damn hot.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Short day thanks to summer, but damn am I exhausted. Yet the night has only just started, ugh.
Free Denny's, sounds like a plan.
Woooow. You can go f*** yourself. :slap: I'm definitely not playing now.
Aww, I sowee.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Craziness right there.
Sounds like back in the Keys for the morning/afternoon rushes, maybe just an hour though.

Have you talked about potential reimbursement for the move?
What's the significant other think of all this?

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Craziness right there.
Sounds like back in the Keys for the morning/afternoon rushes, maybe just an hour though.

Have you talked about potential reimbursement for the move?
What's the significant other think of all this?
What do you mean?
And actually we had a serious talk about it. I told him once I get settled in here at Tesla I'm going to be working a lot of overtime (sometimes till like 8 or 9 at night with a 45 minute drive home without traffic) and how I may not see him a whole lot. I asked him if he could handle that. And I talked about moving to Seattle so I could be close and that seemed to really upset him. He finally said that he wanted to move out with me, only if it was towards the Eastide (he works in Kirkland across the water of Seattle) where he could also be close to work, his and my family and our friends. He made me promise that I stay at Tesla for like three months and see if I liked it. And if I did we can proceed with finding a place together.

We had a couple months that we "lived" together at the house I was staying at for a while, and it worked out wonderfully.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Careful though.
I don't know how long y'all have been together but if it's still early on, that feeling wears off after time for some people.

But for sure stay there if you like it, and milk that overtime :thumbup:
I miss being able to work crazy weeks. Not 100+hr weeks, but 50-75 definitely.

"What do you mean?" in regards to?
Keys - When I lived down south, and after my "friends/roommates" dipped out overnight, lost the house and had to move in with g/f. Her family lived on Big Pine which was about 28-30mi outside of town...on a 2-lane highway. People trying to get to work, buses taking kids to school, it could be a mess. Then the same thing when everyone's trying to go home.

Reimbursement? - I think it's been asked before, but about the company possibly helping you financially if you decide to move considering the current distance.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Careful though.
I don't know how long y'all have been together but if it's still early on, that feeling wears off after time for some people.

But for sure stay there if you like it, and milk that overtime :thumbup:
I miss being able to work crazy weeks. Not 100+hr weeks, but 50-75 definitely.

"What do you mean?" in regards to?
Keys - When I lived down south, and after my "friends/roommates" dipped out overnight, lost the house and had to move in with g/f. Her family lived on Big Pine which was about 28-30mi outside of town...on a 2-lane highway. People trying to get to work, buses taking kids to school, it could be a mess. Then the same thing when everyone's trying to go home.

Reimbursement? - I think it's been asked before, but about the company possibly helping you financially if you decide to move considering the current distance.
It's been like eight months. I know that's soon but I have a feeling in my gut about this one... and normally I'm very independant and distant.

And I meant the reimbursement. And I don't know about that...

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
And I meant the reimbursement. And I don't know about that...
Some companies will pay their employees if they don't live in the area and move close to work. With as close as you are (in miles) I don't think it would qualify but it is always worth asking your supervisor if it is something they do.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Some companies will pay their employees if they don't live in the area and move close to work. With as close as you are (in miles) I don't think it would qualify but it is always worth asking your supervisor if it is something they do.
I would feel bad about asking. Just our traffic is so god awful..

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Getting ready for bed for day two. Getting up at 3 isn't so bad, and Wednesday I don't have to go into work till 6.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's been like eight months. I know that's soon but I have a feeling in my gut about this one... and normally I'm very independant and distant.
Heard that one before from people :lol:
Independent ftw
Distant, not so much. That's been my downfall in the past.
I would feel bad about asking. Just our traffic is so god awful..
Never hurts to ask, and you'll never know without asking. The worst they can say is 'no'. :thumbup:

Even if it was a 'no', I don't think it would affect you. IMO, it shows you're dedicated to this job wanting to make that kind of move and you'd think they would appreciate that.