What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Woke up and am craving bacon, so I made that, and the grease from it I'm frying taters and eggs. Then off to work. Blah..hate Sundays.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Well, I am in an electronics class at a tech school, and at first I wanted to be an electronics technician or engineer for the helicopters, but I kinda changed my interest and I basically want to actually work on the aircraft completely, so basically a mechanic or something. My reason for this is I'm more into automobiles now, and I want to get my hands dirty. So, I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing right now. I mean, I have my senior year to think about it basically.
Reach out to someone who has actually done it, and find out what it's really like.

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
6' and roughly below 230lbs. I'm doing a bunch of weight lifting and running and stuff this year to get down below 200.
you're gonna have to get there before a recruiter will even start your application process.
they won't even send you to take the asvab if you don't make the max weight requirements for your height.
i'd say keep pounding away at it.

Laozy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I will most likely be making pixel cars and editing photos all day :lol:

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, I am in an electronics class at a tech school, and at first I wanted to be an electronics technician or engineer for the helicopters, but I kinda changed my interest and I basically want to actually work on the aircraft completely, so basically a mechanic or something. My reason for this is I'm more into automobiles now, and I want to get my hands dirty. So, I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing right now. I mean, I have my senior year to think about it basically.
they're both nitty gritty jobs that you're gonna have to do day in and day out.
most of the people i went through basic with got mechanical jobs and they all hate it.
it's probably because they were all lazy assclowns tho...

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Luuuuucky!!!! Were'd u buy them from???? And how much^^^

I worked watch a movie wit ma pops and gonna work
Again in about 6 hours :/

Sent from my HUAWEI-M835 using Tapatalk

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
I have to work today. 8-5 but they'll probably ask me to stay late. It's labour day so time and a half! Plus holiday pay. Itll be sweet.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have to work today. 8-5 but they'll probably ask me to stay late. It's labour day so time and a half! Plus holiday pay. Itll be sweet.
Ditto. I miss my brokerage job. 830-530, M-F, all weekends and holidays off. All holidays paid, 10days off between Christmas and the New Year, paid. Facking economy!!!

Abailey21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Still sitting here sick as hell, temp of 103 for 3 days...f**k you head cold!

I loved my old job, I got all holidays in the US and UK off (company was owned out of the UK)

Screw you economy for shutting the US office down!

CrackingVTEC

Registered VIP
Luuuuucky!!!! Were'd u buy them from???? And how much^^^

I worked watch a movie wit ma pops and gonna work
Again in about 6 hours :/

Sent from my HUAWEI-M835 using Tapatalk
I drove to Plainview tx. I got the condenser fan all the piping and the dryer/accumulator for $20.00.
The guy I bought it from boosted his car and was just going to throw it away.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
off today. love getting paid to sleep in, eat, and watch Bad Boys

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
off today. love getting paid to sleep in, eat, and watch Scrubs
Edited to describe what I'm doing today.

Well I'm also going for a run later. But that's all I plan on getting off the couch for.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm off today too but I don't think I'm paid only because I'm a contractor... I hope I get hired...

tye

S.T.U.D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
changed the oil on the civic, mounted the siR lip, and spray tinted the amber and reverse lights =)

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm off today too but I don't think I'm paid only because I'm a contractor... I hope I get hired...
im a contractor too but if you get paid holidays it really depends on the contract house... they should have informed you of the holidays before you signed with them.

im hoping to get hired direct into Chrysler by next year

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Got a backpack for school, worked 5-9, got soaked when i did carts, now I'm home dumping, then calling my girlfriend, and passing out for first day of my senior year tomorrow. Fun.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk