What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Been noticing the smell of coolant (slightly) after long drives. Pop the hood, and the upper radiator hose has a half inch crack in the top. Oh well, no biggie. Car has been running rough as all hell lately, and I had accumulated it to bad piston rings (burning oil like a mofo, smoking at high rpm etc.). Replaced the radiator hose, and in the process, decided to check my spark plug wires. #1 cylinder's contact point at the dizzy end was bent to s**t.. went to straighten it out with pliers, and the thing just deteriorated. Replaced all spark plug wires, and the friggin car runs excellent now. No more running rough, and not smoking at high rpm. DAFUQ. I guess a bad contact/fouled plug wire can wreak havoc when it wants! :what:

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Been noticing the smell of coolant (slightly) after long drives. Pop the hood, and the upper radiator hose has a half inch crack in the top. Oh well, no biggie. Car has been running rough as all hell lately, and I had accumulated it to bad piston rings (burning oil like a mofo, smoking at high rpm etc.). Replaced the radiator hose, and in the process, decided to check my spark plug wires. #1 cylinder's contact point at the dizzy end was bent to s**t.. went to straighten it out with pliers, and the thing just deteriorated. Replaced all spark plug wires, and the friggin car runs excellent now. No more running rough, and not smoking at high rpm. DAFUQ. I guess a bad contact/fouled plug wire can wreak havoc when it wants! :what:
Damn man! I need to get some new plugs and wires maybe my car will run smoother until I pick up a new motor.

On the other hand, ordered the final pieces to the auto-manual puzzle. New clutch on the way, as well as a new starter and a hasport conversion mount. Those were the final pieces, hopefully she'll be swapped by next Friday
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377184790.925823.jpg

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Damn man! I need to get some new plugs and wires maybe my car will run smoother until I pick up a new motor.

On the other hand, ordered the final pieces to the auto-manual puzzle. New clutch on the way, as well as a new starter and a hasport conversion mount. Those were the final pieces, hopefully she'll be swapped by next Friday
View attachment 24316
I didn't think they were that bad. They looked fine, but that #1 cylinder plug wire was shot out when I took it off haha. You never know!

Yeah, mang! Almost there!

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
tig your car looks good man, what suspension are you running in that thing?

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Everyone up here is selling their cars.... Now I don't feel so bad for moving on.

Slept soooo good last night. Got to wake up at 7:30 since I stayed at Matt's.

And I brought cookies for my boys at work.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
<<<<<<<---------------------not selling his cars

OGstackadolla

TEAM LIGHTSPEED RACING
Registered VIP
I could never sell my car. Too much into it. It will prolly be upside down before I move onto another shell for time attack racing

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
I could never sell my car. Too much into it. It will prolly be upside down before I move onto another shell for time attack racing
I feel the same way. I don't have a ton into it yet, but enough to never want to give it away. My civic had nothing done to it and it was still hard to sell.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you read/hear people selling their cars and regrets it afterwards, i will not make that mistake *hopefully* :lol:

whitedc4

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You guys are so lucky you still have your money buckets. I wish I could go back in time and take the battery out of my cars the night they got stolen.

It's probably half the reason it's taking me so long to finish any of the new ones.

OGstackadolla

TEAM LIGHTSPEED RACING
Registered VIP
You guys are so lucky you still have your money buckets. I wish I could go back in time and take the battery out of my cars the night they got stolen.

It's probably half the reason it's taking me so long to finish any of the new ones.
Or the main relay :cry: sorry, doll.

I still need to do my kill switches and upgrade my alarm.

whitedc4

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Or the main relay :cry: sorry, doll.

I still need to do my kill switches and upgrade my alarm.
Yeah don't be lazy about it because its once you start not worrying it happens.

I seriously had a bad feeling when it happened but my lazy ass wanted to watch Reno 911

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I feel the same way. I don't have a ton into it yet, but enough to never want to give it away. My civic had nothing done to it and it was still hard to sell.
s**t. The day I sell my car is when I'm doing cartwheels and high fiving every person I come across.

I actually have a buyer lined up. .just need to find what I want.

Sent from my Note 2

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
s***. The day I sell my car is when I'm doing cartwheels and high fiving every person I come across.

I actually have a buyer lined up. .just need to find what I want.

Sent from my Note 2
How much are you letting it go for?

I'm seriously trying to figure out if I should part it or sell it with the GSR. Obviously I'll sell the Sparco and the Takata harness.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How much are you letting it go for?

I'm seriously trying to figure out if I should part it or sell it with the GSR. Obviously I'll sell the Sparco and the Takata harness.
The person lined up to buy has done a lot of transactions with Rob and I over the past 8 years, so dirt cheap to him. Otherwise probably 1500obo. Just depends on what the person wants as far as parts.

And I'd part ur car out. I've made almost $3k profit stripping it.

Sent from my Note 2