What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do homework while at school or away from home... I think the better question is what can your pc do compared to cell phone
because nobody ever did homework away from home before smartphones? what amount of homework can you even accomplish from a phone. aside from cheating by looking up the answers.

also i don't have to use finger painting skills to operate a pc.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Cookie, how about tablets? do you have one of those. If you can live without a cell phone, that's awesome for you man. That's one less bill you have. I love saving as much money as i possibly can. Smartphones are not necessary. but i have one, its old, a 2011 model.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
naw no tablet. a couple of my friends have them but they usually just leave them at home.

i'm watching a movie this morning [YOUTUBE="Drug War (Du zhan 毒戰) "]yVRd40bOPpk[/YOUTUBE]

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
because nobody ever did homework away from home before smartphones? what amount of homework can you even accomplish from a phone. aside from cheating by looking up the answers.

also i don't have to use finger painting skills to operate a pc.
They have office for phones now. I could write and submit a paper if I wanted

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Modern day smart phones have a ton of uses for me. I live a relatively active life. Having all the resources in the world in my pocket comes in handy more than I could ever want. I checked the weather for this coming Thursday on my phone while running on a treadmill at the gym this morning. I did not have to sit down at a computer and look it up. I pressed two buttons on my phone and voila. I then texted my friend letting him know I would be coming down to visit him on Thursday, all while at the gym. Hooray leg day.

That's just a small example of how useful a smartphone is to me. Between the calculator, gps, Bluetooth for my radio in the car, staying connected with social media sites on the go, and even playing simple games to prevent boredom while waiting at the dentist, my phone has proven itself time and time again as the most useful device I own. My computer just sits at home. I typically use it to play computer only games, but rarely.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
or you could of read a magazine, the ones chiilin in the waiting room, lol

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Noticed the Audi shuttering/jerking at mid RPM's in 1st and second gear recently. At first, it freaked me out, but if I switch to triptronic, it's fine.. also, perfectly fine at low throttle, and WOT. It's looking more and more like it's spark plugs. I doubt they've been changed in the 63k miles on the car, so that would make perfect sense. Time will tell..

Slow day at work (again. This is a pattern haha), so I'm just chillin, killing time in the office. Band practice tonight woo!

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I love my computer, and it's powerful, but I can't take it everywhere. It's too cumbersome. I can't roll over in bed and check the time, or use it in bed when I can't sleep, or in a waiting room, a bathroom, a classroom, or easily use it around the baby. It's not close to me when I might want it.

I use my PC for a game or two, art, etc., but for everyday functions I use my phone. On the rare occasion that I forget it, there's always something I reach for it for, like directions, to get something answered, look up a location, or a good restaurant idea.

Anyone is allowed to feel how they do, but to not see the use of one in someone else's life is kinda closed minded, imo.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Had a crazy busy weekend.

Picked up my crank, pistons, bearings and rings from the machine shop. Only $215 :woot:
Picked up my Alpinestars pants. Love them.
Went to a wedding on Sunday. The venue was a little ehhh but we had a good time. Took some pictures I'll upload to my Flickr at some point.
Took my riding class yesterday and passed. I now have my endorsement =)

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Had a crazy busy weekend.

Picked up my crank, pistons, bearings and rings from the machine shop. Only $215 :woot:
Picked up my Alpinestars pants. Love them.
Went to a wedding on Sunday. The venue was a little ehhh but we had a good time. Took some pictures I'll upload to my Flickr at some point.
Took my riding class yesterday and passed. I now have my endorsement =)
Yayyyyyyy!!! How did you like the class? Learn a bit?

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Currently trying to finish up some homework so that I can actually have time to play gta tonight after work.

Sent from my Nexus 7

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yayyyyyyy!!! How did you like the class? Learn a bit?
It was actually awesome. I learned a couple things that helped me a lot.
It was scary because I took the intermediate class, and the minimum experience of everyone in the class but me was 3-4 years. And I have only been riding since April. :lol: But I passed! I messed up in the U-turn, but that was it.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It was scary because I took the intermediate class, and the minimum experience of everyone in the class but me was 3-4 years. And I have only been riding since April. :lol: But I passed! I messed up in the U-turn, but that was it.
Did y'all do the figure 8?

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I love my computer, and it's powerful, but I can't take it everywhere. It's too cumbersome. I can't roll over in bed and check the time, or use it in bed when I can't sleep, or in a waiting room, a bathroom, a classroom, or easily use it around the baby. It's not close to me when I might want it.

I use my PC for a game or two, art, etc., but for everyday functions I use my phone. On the rare occasion that I forget it, there's always something I reach for it for, like directions, to get something answered, look up a location, or a good restaurant idea.

Anyone is allowed to feel how they do, but to not see the use of one in someone else's life is kinda closed minded, imo
time in bed: it's called a f***ing clock you don't need a phone
when you can't sleep: it's because you're on your phone
waiting room: have some patience and learn to sit still.
bathroom: why the f*** are you getting feces on your phone
classroom: seriously you're paying to take the class and you're distracting yourself with a phone?
around baby: compulsive usage much?
directions: usually it's a good idea to have an idea of where you're going ahead of time. also being able to read a map for yourself is a good skill to have.
answers: nobody cares that your phone can answer the question or prove someone right/wrong.
restaurants: have a sense of adventure and pick on your own. most of the reviews online are just written by the businesses or their competitors anyways.

you life has been interrupted by the phone. You are unable to resist your primitive desire to know everything that's going on around you and have woven it into your life. obviously you have strong beliefs on why you need it because of this.

i don't think i'm closed minded though. if people only used smartphones for truly needed information that would be fine. no social media, no temporary solutions to their boredom, loneliness, or anxiety. if users were disciplined enough to only use them in appropriate situations.

:twocents:

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Been looking up parts and getting prices for finishing my car. I believe I will be upgrading my turbo to a billet wheel.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice!

the slow speed tight space stuff is the hardest for me.