What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

Jermee

Registered VIP
I still did something productive today so I wouldn't call it a real waste of a day.

I still prefer tapatalk over my phones web browser.

Sent from your moms house.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like the new tapatalk :O what don't you like about it? The only major changed I've noticed so far are the profile view page is different, and it has a different loading indicator when you're uploading photos.

Yeah i dont like either of those.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, I did notice that you can't see post count in profile view anymore. Have to use web view on a post.

Yeah. Gotta keep track of my post count :roll:

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Went to the gun show, I don't need to go to another one.
Went looking at homes in horse country
Putting an offer in on an NSX this week
Pretty much all moved in, just some final organizing then downsizing on all the random s*** that's no longer needed
So boyfriend and his best friend are selling their bikes. Me.... I don't know yet. I'm hoping that won't come up.
Don't.
I thought the same thing when my friend died on his. I broke the news to my parents as "Well, I don't want a bike anymore..." but have since come to realize that you can't blame the bike. Everything in life is a risk. You aren't going to sell your car if you lose someone in a car wreck would you? They'll eventually miss it and get another, just keep yours as your next post is a perfect example as to why
I was so upset and crying I decided to hop on the bike. I didn't ride like a d**k or anything, but just took a cruise to the waterfront of where I live. By the time I was a couple minutes into my ride I had stopped crying and I wasn't thinking about it. My mind was clear. Once I got to my destination I was calm and felt so much better.
Doesn't sound stupid at all. When I was with my ex I did this all the time, just in my car instead of the bike I don't yet have. Good for you for leaving a negative situation and going to clear your head in a positive way :thumbup:
Sorry for getting mushy on you guys. I just need to vent about everything that's going on lately.
This is what we're all here for I believe, talk to each other and vent if need be.

Oh, and saw you at the gun show today. Car's lookin good:cool:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Went to the gun show, I don't need to go to another one.
Went looking at homes in horse country
Pretty much all moved in, just some final organizing then downsizing on all the random s*** that's no longer needed
Don't.
I thought the same thing when my friend died on his. I broke the news to my parents as "Well, I don't want a bike anymore..." but have since come to realize that you can't blame the bike. Everything in life is a risk. You aren't going to sell your car if you lose someone in a car wreck would you? They'll eventually miss it and get another, just keep yours as your next post is a perfect example as to why
Doesn't sound stupid at all. When I was with my ex I did this all the time, just in my car instead of the bike I don't yet have. Good for you for leaving a negative situation and going to clear your head in a positive way :thumbup:
This is what we're all here for I believe, talk to each other and vent if need be.

Oh, and saw you at the gun show today. Car's lookin good:cool:
What post was the mushy s**t? I must've missed that

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP

What year? I owned a supercharged 94 for about a year or so. Never had so much fun in a car! Loved that thing. Probably will never own another though. Too many other cars I need to check off my must have list. I never keep anything for too long... Sometimes the ink on the title is still fresh when we part ways =)

The next toy i'm after will be an M6! I hear the power is incredible but the maintenance sucks on them. So... Drive it like I stole it and then move on to something else.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not sure, saw it while house hunting today in horse country.
Parents said they've seen it there for at least a year, but only recently has the cover began decaying exposing what kind of car it is. Fender & door are faded like hell, not sure of mileage, year, or transmission.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Not sure, saw it while house hunting today in horse country.
Parents said they've seen it there for at least a year, but only recently has the cover began decaying exposing what kind of car it is. Fender & door are faded like hell, not sure of mileage, year, or transmission.
Hard to tell with out seeing the front or rear. Almost looks like a hard top (94 and older) but even that's debatable. Good luck!!

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Got the Civic running!

... and on my test drive BOTH straps holding up the gas tank snapped off due to rust. Looks like this might be the end of Gertrude :(

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I did my first project for my civic, it went well changed the orings and valve cover rubber thingy. I am going to see a band called: A LOT LIKE BIRDS tonight at a local bar/club show.
A Lot Like Birds is rad. They used to play my area all the time.

Anyone down around the South US? I think Bloodsport was MS and I can't remember who that was in LA.

... moving again.
Man, too bad you didn't get to stick around Southern California! Good luck on your venture!

Forever flipping cars :lol:

A fair bit of us don't even own civics anymore. It's like facebook for us now :lol:
Exactly. I sold my civic and bought my Audi about almost a year ago. I stick around because the community here is rad.

So boyfriend and his best friend are selling their bikes. Me.... I don't know yet. I'm hoping that won't come up.

Because I thought about something earlier this week actually. Matt and I were fighting about whatever (probably because I'm PMSing and he's moving out. Not a good combo), so I was so upset and crying I decided to hop on the bike. I didn't ride like a d**k or anything, but just took a cruise to the waterfront of where I live. By the time I was a couple minutes into my ride I had stopped crying and I wasn't thinking about it. My mind was clear. You can't think about a bunch of other things when you're riding (at least I can't) because I'm too busy making sure I'm not putting myself in a dangerous situation. Once I got to my destination I was calm and felt so much better. It may sound stupid, but it's a very peaceful place for me (granted when I'm not fighting traffic), especially riding during an empty night. I haven't really had anything like that since I rode horses.

Sorry for getting mushy on you guys. I just need to vent about everything that's going on lately.
If it puts you in a better place, keep it. They can get rid of theirs, I'm willing to bet they'll both get a bike again in the future. Also, take dude moving out for what it is. Sometimes relationships suffer when the two of you aren't on the same page. It may be good for him to have his own space here and there.

Not anti video game. Theyre just such an incredible waste of time.

U guys realize u will never get that wasted time back right?
You'll never get all the time you've spent modding your cars back, either. It's a matter of preference. I don't game nearly as much as I used to (I'm lucky if I get a few hours in a month, seriously), but I do enjoy it when I do.

The next toy i'm after will be an M6! I hear the power is incredible but the maintenance sucks on them. So... Drive it like I stole it and then move on to something else.
I'm seriously looking at an M4 coupe. Twin turbo V6 making 430hp, YES PLEASE. Not to mention, fuel mileage is still great, reliability is great (so far, still a new platform), and they look/sound/perform really well.

Got the Civic running!

... and on my test drive BOTH straps holding up the gas tank snapped off due to rust. Looks like this might be the end of Gertrude :(
Aw s**t :/ might be time to move on..

Went to Orange County to visit some buddies this past weekend. Kind of boring, but fun at the same time, since we didn't leave their place. Came home, played the Destiny Beta for PS4 most of Sunday, had a blast with that game. Back to the grind! Blegh..

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You'll never get all the time you've spent modding your cars back, either. It's a matter of preference. I don't game nearly as much as I used to (I'm lucky if I get a few hours in a month, seriously), but I do enjoy it when I do.

You cant honestly even compare the two. They are totally different.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well i thought i was going to get into an intelligent conversation, but obviously thats not gonna happen.