what b16 i can put in my ek

hierro0430

5+ Year Member
welll. i got an ek and i want to go simple i just need a b16, but i dont know what kind should i put. b16a is obd 0 , b16a1 but i heard thet b16a1 is 2nd gen, so that means that i cant put that engine in my because it is obd1 when my car is obd2

trunkmonkey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i never heard of b161 as second gen it hear of b16a2 2nd generation jdm motor and b16a2 usdm version which is obd2, and also obd1 can be put in your car just have to have that conversion harness that skunk2 makes i think or hasport not positive. but it converts it to obd1 and u plug it into your obd1 ecu although emission might be a problem when u do older swaps especially in cali. newais good luck with that and if i'm wrong hopefully some1 will correct me.

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you are from Cali don't even think about putting a older engine into your car. Won't pass. I put a obd1 into my 99 civic obd2b but I also don't have emission checks where I live. You need a motor that is same year or higher then your car.

Kingjames83

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it would suck to live in Cali for tuners!

--<EM1>--

boosted ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha suckas just joshin hahaha

with the money itll take to swap, boost the d

defvayne

Set This World On Blaze!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
--<EM1>-- said:
haha suckas just joshin hahaha

with the money itll take to swap, boost the d
trade mark for Cali boys.

hierro0430

5+ Year Member
you guys are right here in cali is very hard to tune cras, but believe it or not all the shops that make aftermarket parts for all of us are here in cali.