Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i dont have a turbo. I just go "psssshhhh" everytime i shift:lol:

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
ssqv is to high pitched for me.....its like a whisle.....which is why i like the rfl im more into the whoosh sound

ryanM

Chaos said:
ssqv is to high pitched for me.....its like a whisle.....which is why i like the rfl im more into the whoosh sound
must be the car you heard it on, the cars i heard it on sounded like an air compressor relieving pressure :lol:

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
ive heard it on like 5 diff cars:what: they all sound high pitched to me......

swappedcx

5+ Year Member
Greddy Type-s FTW!!! Thats what I have on my car, and i deffinatly would not give it up for anything. There is a wrx around me with the RFL, you can say im biased but i like the greddy type-s the best.

budget_crx

Honest Officer,That Fast?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I had a stock DSM Denso BOV from the junkyard that had a nice whoosh sound to it, but it wasn't very loud.
Now I have an HKS SSQV and it sounds amazing, it is very high pitched and very loud! It definitely does not sound like any other out there

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
every ssqv ive heard (and driven) was not much of a woosh sound at full boost, it was a high pitch whistle. kind of like the greddy type s (which i have) cept type s has a little more woosh in it before the whistle, and some ive heard almost have a whiplash kinda sound. rfl stands for real f**king loud and is going to be the loudest, and a woosh sound. greddy type rs is a kinda lound woosh sound too. dsm is a quiet woosh sound (and good luck having that hold 20+psi even when crushed...uncrushed, wont happen). tial is...idk kinda weird sounding. of course all sounds have alot of variables (psi, motor, full/partial boost, hardness/softness settings, etc).

also, dont mistake a fluttering sound for the bov, it could and more likely is compressor surge or even the wastegate.

vandynamics

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^someones learning :cool:

i just ordered a tial 38mm with the bov combo.

well see what happens.

1992_HB

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got a HKS SSQV bov its quite at low rpm shifts. Once you get on it and shift it doesn't matter how high of rpms its loud.

homicydalboy

vtec+turbo=no traction
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have the SSQV I love it but mine doesnt really whistle it sounds like a semi truck releaving pressure from the brakes. That is at 22psi on the b16 and at low boost and RPMs it shuttters like CHA CHA CHA really fast. I dont know how to explain it. I am going to go with the Tial this time around though. I love the sound of the type S but have heard that they dont hold up well under high boost.

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DSM metal bov, sounds damn nice!

my bro says that when he is driving in front of me and i get on it, he can hear the turbo spool and bov over the sound of his radio ;)

DSM bov @ 10+ psi = sexors

the new setup will run an SSQV though

Agood1286

5+ Year Member
I have the Greddy RS and its not very loud at all, kinda disapointing to tel ya the truth.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Seruy said:
Did anyone consider the turkey call bov?
its a turkey call duck taped to a blow off valve.

Seruy

5+ Year Member
Nah man, there're some real ones that have like a turnkey sound, okay maybe not a turkey "call". Saw one in the vid with DK and Mine's Supra. Very unique and I like it, personally. It might have been HKS SSQ

1992_HB

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The mazda speed protege has the turkey call bov. Its kinda like a bypass valve but has that sound lol.