What brand of oil are you using?

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mobile 1 5-30, I think one of these threads needs to be a sticky somewhere, they are all over the place.

johno590

f**k thieves
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mobil 1 Synthetic 5w30... because that's what you're supposed to use!

Scorchsta

huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Penzoil Platinum Full Synthetic 5w-30 or 10w-30 depending on which one I think I'm using at the time

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wow so many opinions. if you have a stock motor DD just stick with a good 5-30 or 10-30 conventional oil like castrol. if you want the best use mobile full synthetic or royal purple

watisjdm

Clit Commander
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
soon to be royal purple but right now im using mobil 1 synthenic

wetcmonkey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
THE Q cuz the commercial with the sti makes me feel like im driving the sti :P jk is royal purple any better? im trying it this month i change oil every month for the past 3 months seeing differences in oil so far ppl buy just because theres more than others what is the best oil?

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
TPR magazine dynoed a h22 before and after royal purple and i think it went up like 2hp

Shaguar47

EM1 ADCT
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have always used Mobil 1 5w-30 in my honda's with a mobil filter! The filter is like one of the more expensive ones but honestly, test's have proven them to be more effective when trapping all the crap that might swirl around in your engine and I love it. Now if the car has alot more miles, I'll usually use 10w-40 because of the seals. Never have been much of synthetic kind of guy!

kaace

I'm getting there...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
desimunda said:
why not pennzoil?
its a personal preference...one of my many jobs was working at a used car lot for a year...the engine builder there would take apart engines and show me the gunk inside and say "thats what happens when you use penzoil"...i dont know if he just personally didnt like penzoil or what...

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
5w30 mobil clean 5000 with an stp filter...imma cheapo....ive know poeple who buy hella expensive oil, and use $0.99 filters...funny...

Trbolvrcrx

Dude wheres my honda
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I use Mobil 1 full synthetic 10W30 in my 6th gen sedan. And I use redline 10W30 in my CRX

Shaguar47 said:
I have always used Mobil 1 5w-30 in my honda's with a mobil filter! The filter is like one of the more expensive ones but honestly, test's have proven them to be more effective when trapping all the crap that might swirl around in your engine and I love it. Now if the car has alot more miles, I'll usually use 10w-40 because of the seals. Never have been much of synthetic kind of guy!
You do know that mobil 1 is a full synthetic, right?

kangaroo

..........UPS.........
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Trbolvrcrx said:
I use Mobil 1 full synthetic 10W30 in my 6th gen sedan. And I use redline 10W30 in my CRX

You do know that mobil 1 is a full synthetic, right?

don't they carry non synthetic too?

Trbolvrcrx

Dude wheres my honda
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no they only offer a blended synthetic (meaning part regular part synthetic.), in the mobil clean line, but mobil 1 is a full synthetic.

ryanM

i always ran mobil1 5w30 with JDM HAMP synergy oil filters in the civic, in the 240 i have Q torque power with a tough gaurd oil filter.

yes, im embracing my truck motor :lol:

Jmoto911

Built, not bought.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't use Oil, I use Urine and hopes and dreams.

but really... royal purple 10w30

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Honda Genuine 5W30, which is really Chevron Supreme. (shhh dont tell).