what camshaft for the civic 01

jdmcivic01

5+ Year Member
i was wondering what camshaft they have for our cars and what electronic mangement system is good to run with

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
not too sure about camshaft... but as far as engine management...

the GReddy Emanage is a good option.. but if you want the best.. go for the AEM EMS.

ojay

7thgencivic.com dedicated
5+ Year Member
crower is the only company that makes cams for our cars, stage 1-3.

greddy e-manage ultimate and aem ems.

jdmcivic01

5+ Year Member
how come i dont see it on there site all i see is for dohc vtec and for ivtec

AliasNeo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
on avg wat kind of gains can u see from stg 1 and stg2 cams and proper tune?

04civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
stage 1 you will see 7-10 hp gain. stage2 you will see about 10-14 hp gain.

04civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would just stick with stage1. stage 2 is too much of a hassle. with stage2 camshaft you have to buy springs and retainer kit with it. so all together you will be spending close to 700 bucks for just a few more hp over the stage 1 camshaft. not worth the money IMO. but if cash isnt an issue for you then go for it. plus... you will also need AEM EMS or something to smoothin out your idle. you idle will be rough with the stage 2.

memorex

2004 Civic Hopefull
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Many members of 7ThGenCivic are having issues with the Stage 2 Cam. Idle is very rough, and I don't think any member has a proper tune. Also not very ideal unless your boosted or heavily modded.

04civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you are boosted you gonna have to get the stage2 turbo camshaft. stage 1 will not work with boosted cars.

AliasNeo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
screw the idle lol i like how they sound hahaha... but yea im gonna get one of the greddy emanage system and have it tuned along with the high cr pistons i want... yes im not a 7th gen but i figure they be around the same lol

04civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
screw idle huh? you wont be saying that when the rough idle bugs the hell out of you. =)

04civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it could be that. i saw a car that did that. got on my nerves. that or when you at a complete stop your rpm would probably sit at 2000 rpm or something.

AliasNeo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
meh i dont mind that lol... ppl said id get real tired of how loud my car is, i still love the sound it makes so wats a high idle gonna do lol

04civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i used to think loud cars were cool. my car is loud and i liked. then it started to get annoying.