What can I do to save gas?

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Make sure everything is in out of thefactory running order, As in COMPLETE TUNE UP. But that will cost you some $

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its completely possible... my 02 was turbo and i averaged 40 mpg. its all in how you operate your car.

his profile thingy says nor cal... ill prolly bet.... that judging by the weather....he hast run with the windows down, or any fans running inside the car, he probably doesnt have a radio...or he has turned it off. he drove in the daytime only. no rain.

i dont know anything about his car but i bet he has a full interior... no spare tire, no subs.

you dont believe us but the little things add up.

some people have experienced better mileage by using a higher octane gas... others have made complete fools of thier cars....but they get 50+ MPG...

and for all we know... he might have a diesel... and not even referring to his civic.

airzi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its good what snake_shit is saying and also k28gt. the only other things you can do ontop of them to save money on fuel are to fill up in the morning this is when the earth is cold cos in the afternoons and eveing the ground becomes warm which makes the fuel expand and the pumps do not have sensors to compensate for this. keep your tank above half full - rite i no some ppl say keep it below half above empty for weight reasons but especailly over there with the heat you guys have petrol will evaporate in to all the open space inside the tank.

JDMDRIVEREK

Dont drive anywere. just sit at home change your filter and give it a tune up..
than spend the rest of your life detailing your car and u will save the most gas ever...
hahaa..

naw j/p...

1Lowcoupe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Drive like a grandma, i did it and got awesome gas mileage. The automatic may be hurting your mileage a little.

guitar_adam2000

Alcohol ab-User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
buy a different model. I was pissed off that my VTi was only just getting 310-20 miles per tank, so i crashed it and got a 1.5 SOHC LSi instead, which has super long gears, and gets me 400 miles per tank easy - even thrashing it! i do miss the extra 50bhp of the B16 tho :-( u can't have it all!

1991civicZC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
buy a different model. I was pissed off that my VTi was only just getting 310-20 miles per tank, so i crashed it and got a 1.5 SOHC LSi instead, which has super long gears, and gets me 400 miles per tank easy - even thrashing it! i do miss the extra 50bhp of the B16 tho :-( u can't have it all!
i have a 91 hatch with a dohc zc engine in and i get about 300ish miles to a tank which is about 34 mpg and i am def not complaining! my camaro gets half that lol about 220 to a complete tank ugh... lol

just buy a small engine and manual keep off hammering it and dont complain about getting only 30+ mpg.............

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my civic got about 240 to a full tank and my tahoe is about the same. i think its just the way i drive because all my trips are 2 to 5 miles and the engine barely ever gets a chance to heat up. it really kills my gas mileage