what car would you buy new or used for 25k?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2002+ Lexus IS300 6spd

Black on Black, fully loaded

bmyers4321

timmy the testie rules!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
98 toyota supra tt hands down.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i would have to go with Mike on this one and say the IS300. wouldnt mind silver or yellow tho.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
id get a supra

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmm I'd go for a Silverado 2500 HD probably, I need a new truck for the winter and for muddin

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
JDMsocalcivic said:
they only have a 5spd manual the 06 ones have the 6 spd
:smackself ooops...but yeah, 2002 is the first time they came Manual =)

potatobiker8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
spa yellow s2k. black porsche 911 turbo, orange,blue nsx

p.s. obviously older models on the 911 and nsx

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
maybe like a 91 NSX or if I wanted something newer an EVO

DigitalShift

5+ Year Member
Cobras are garbage. I drove a few when I was shopping around for a new car, they are fast..but it seems like a 5 year old put it together. Dont slam the door othewise the door panel might fall off, and when you get on it, all the plastic on the dash squeeks soo much you can't hear the engine.

S2000's are overpriced, and under powered. For $25,000 I'd want a car that can at LEAST hit a 13.99. They are heavy, small, and its really hard to get more power out of them without spending a million dollars.

Good luck finding an STi for less than $25k.. If you do, its going to be ragged out like a dirty whore, and probably have 50K+ miles. I wouldnt spend money on a used up car like that..

Supras are in the same boat as an STi, to find one less than $25,000 would take a long time. You can find them all day, but they are raggeed out, have 100k+ miles, 9 out of 10 are auto's and did I mention they are ragged out?

NSX's are probably the worst thing you could buy for that kind of cash. Not only would you spend every cent, but you'd get a 1991 with 170k miles, ragged out interior..ect Just old. No one should pay that kind of money for a 15 year old car... no way.

IS300's are nice, especially if you get the manual transmission. But, they arent fast enough for me... you have to make your $25,000 work for you..it's a lot of money to spend so spend wisely.

If I were to spend $25,000 on a car...I'd probably get a used, unmodded, clean, low-miles, Evo 8. They are well rounded, fairly cheap compared to the STi, solid as a rock and you can make sick power with simple cash and simple mods. (unlike the STi, you'll have to have a reflash for the ECU if you get an intake, downpipe and exhaust)

I was a signature away from buying an Evo 8, but when I looked at it on paper..I decied to build a Civic. Faster than all the above, cheaper, Honda reliablity..best of everything. Now, granted it's still a Honda Civic and it doesnt have a huge racing pedigree like the Evo, Supra, and the STi but its fassst.

It's your money, think about what you'd like to own and drive everyday.

krayziejcs

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jezek said:
2002+ Lexus IS300 6spd

Black on Black, fully loaded

is300 dont have 6 speed unless you swap a v160 or v161(rear end swap) tranny in it and it costs a lot of $$$$$

yea an 02+ IS300 is going to be my next car, I'll most likely choose auto with E-shift since I just want a nice pimp daily driver

$lick Rick said:
dude you are the KING of putting threads in the wrong section :rolf:
I found this hilarious for some reason :lol:

Team2000

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can go a long way on an older car, and some extra money. Its all your call, I would say if you can afford it, get the new car and slowly start to mod the small things.. leave the suspension and exhaust alone for a few years as it will be in good condition, then later as you save for new suspension you will need it.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that's a good f**kin question hmmmm............25k

Status
Not open for further replies.