What convertions should i do?

EGWiznat

5+ Year Member
Well its like this im buying a 93 hatch that has integra rear discs, and a b20 swap with GSR trans.

im wondering what my options are as far as motors, here is what im wanting

im wanting about 160-180 horse on the ground with a moderately high rev ( like 7500-8000), and v tech would be nice but i dont have to have it.

the car is going to have extensive suspension work later on so im not looknig for mass power, the cars going to be used for things like mountain runs and auto X. i just want something that has a little power, can take a little beating on every once in a while and is a good motor to have fun with.

also as kinda a side thing it kinda bugs me not having the same type of brakes all the way around. so what all cars can i get a full disc set up off of that bolt right up?

is there anything that i can get thats a 5 lug swap?

thanks sorry if these are all noob questions

SlowTEC

Initiate brain dump in...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Don't forget to get caller ID for that V Tech.

Integra rear discs are a common swap, they work fine. If you must have them off of the same car AND want the 5 lug setup, go CTR or ITR. Can't tell you what you'll need to make it work though, find that one out on your own.

If you want reliable power like that you're going to need displacement and airflow. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't even think a stock ITR motor will get those numbers to the wheels. Maybe you could consider a rebuild on the B20, with higher compression pistons (11:1 or so) and a VTEC head, like the B16(PR3) you should see some decent numbers. Check out www.b20vtec.com.

EGWiznat

5+ Year Member
cool thanks, lol sorry about the incorect vtec spelling i didnt notice i did it. for the time being the b20 is prolly cool. and the horse number was just a short cause im trying to stay away from headwork or mayjor mods. ill just have to see how it goes. thanks for the input.

juks_eJ1

5+ Year Member
got any links for a brake up grade for a 95 civic front and rear