What could happen from Over reving? (9500+rpm)

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i did this once in an 89 accord... went from 2nd to 1st at about 50MPH and at about 6200rpm.... tach went around to the black section where there are no numbers.... needless to say.. the engine was fine... clutch... not so fine.

ever try to drive on a completely destroyed clutch for 6 hours? thats what i had to do to get it home... i pull the trans... sections of clutch material fell out... one entire side of my clutch plate on the pressure plate side was missing... it was grinding metal to metal.

i babied the car and never raced again after that...

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The proper way is to start in this position (for 1st/2nd), then flip your hand, so your palm is facing away from your body for 3rd/4th. Set up your hand like this, then make the movement as if you were shifting. You'll notice your arm moves more straight back/forward with less shoulder movement, and really only elbow movement. ;)
i started shifting this way when i learned how to drive stick simply because i had a hard time finding the gears in a shitty old car. It just kinda stuck with me. When people ride with me they thing im trying to "be cool" as i shift, it makes me laugh.

95civbomb

5+ Year Member
.... Jesus..
Made appointment with my mechanic! lol

how much would he charge?
Depends on what mechanic you go to. if you know enough about your engine not to get but f**ked by your mechanic it shouldnt cost to much to just get it looked at and inspected.