what do i need with new rims?

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well i wanna get some stock size replacement rims for my silver civic, and i wanna know what else i need. i never get the same answer. Ive heard that you need hubcentric rings for any aftermarket wheel, some say if its the same size as stock then you dont, others say you dont need em at all. and how do you determine what size, is metal better than plastic i guess? what about lug nuts, they say you need a special "tuner" lug and then ive seen people use their stock ones. Very confused, anything else i would need? these are the rims im lookin at in 15 inch, theyre konig hurry.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
depends on the wheel for everything. The people you buy them from should know all the details. Personally, I deal with buywheelstoday.com they know everything there is to know about wheels and the cars they are going on.

Edit: Pretty sure with all konigs you will need tuner lugs.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Also, personally, I don't think they would look too good on your car. Unless you got the right size, and right tire size. 15 inch shouldn't be bad, spokes will be closer to the center, making it look more complete. But stick with atleast a 50 series tire. I wouldn't go anything over 55.

wtfh4xx

1337 Gold Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
New tires...

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lil_falco said:
New tires...
Please stop making stupid and arrogant posts. Nobody appreciates when you do so.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I know i have "tuner" lugs for my Konigs. they came with them and are locking which is nice. and yeah. what you need depends on the rim and the application they are going on. I love my 550 series tires. i would go with a 205/50/15.

wtfh4xx

1337 Gold Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Blahman240 said:
Please stop making stupid and arrogant posts. Nobody appreciates when you do so.

P.s. You should prolly get tuner lugs anyhow. They do provide somewhat of a safety against thiefs and they look better.

Last edited by a moderator:

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
stop the bickering.. and please dont make "cute" or "funny" posts that offer no content.. they are not cute or funny.. and only take away from the over all quality of the site..

thanks

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Def get some locking lugs. You can get them in different colors if you want and you get a small sense of security.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah, gonna need some new lugnuts...i've never heard of that centric ring or whatever it is that you were talking about. those shoudl be fine with your car. also, make sure to go with 50 series tires...they'll look better.

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
okay so stick with 50 series, ill remember that when i get new tires, but for now ill use the old ones with alot of tread left. so the rings might not be needed, and where can i find locking tuner lugs of decent quality (ie, the chrome wont start flaking and rusting up). thanks for the replies.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You don't need hub-centric rings unless you are driving a Mercedes Benz or an old Mazda. Hondas are lug-centric.

and dayum people got uptight in this thread.:???:

TheWingMang

Good news everyone!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OEM lugnuts are rounded where they contact the wheel. "Tuner" lugnuts are just cut straight diagonally. Most aftermarket rims require the "tuner" lugnuts. The OEM ones will cause serious damage. Be sure to check, but I would guess your new wheels need the tuner ones. If so, look at Muteki brand lug nuts, they're of good quality, they're cheap, and the whole box is ALL locking nuts, so you don't have to worry about theft

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sweet i was wondering about those brand of nuts. ill pick some up. and i heard that you need the rings if you have 17s or bigger, but idk everyone says something different.

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
gearbox said:
sweet i was wondering about those brand of nuts. ill pick some up. and i heard that you need the rings if you have 17s or bigger, but idk everyone says something different.
Dunno, but I have the rings on my 15's.. Dont really know whether I need them, but they were free so :what:..

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't use rings on my 16's. Civics are lug centric, not hub centric.