What do y'all think?

Decipher

Registered VIP
As far as motor is concerned; you need to set up goals for horsepower. That includes whether or not you want it to be your daily, Auto-x, drag, etc. Also what's your budget? Start piecing little things like that together and sure enough you will quickly be on your way to more power! :thumbs up

This civic is a dd, family car, and road tripper. I've taken it on four or five 1,000mile round trip travels in the last year. So whatever build I decide on needs to be reliable. I can't be on the side of the road or in the shop every other week for some f**king wrong tune or chronic failure.

I also need to consider the fact that it is a dd, family car, and road tripper. I don't need to be able to do anything crazy like beat corvettes and porshes. I'd be happy with a conservative 180-200 hp tune out of a turbo set-up. My question is, what IS more reliable/less likely to have failures? Swap or Boost?

The budget is non-existant... I'm broke, bitches!

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This civic is a dd, family car, and road tripper. I've taken it on four or five 1,000mile round trip travels in the last year. So whatever build I decide on needs to be reliable. I can't be on the side of the road or in the shop every other week for some f***ing wrong tune or chronic failure.

I also need to consider the fact that it is a dd, family car, and road tripper. I don't need to be able to do anything crazy like beat corvettes and porshes. I'd be happy with a conservative 180-200 hp tune out of a turbo set-up. My question is, what IS more reliable/less likely to have failures? Swap or Boost?

The budget is non-existant... I'm broke, b****es!
Swap is more reliable. End of story. I would go GSR so you can keep it in N/A and barely mod it but still hit that 200 hp.

Decipher

Registered VIP
Car looks great in that color. I think it would look a lot cleaner with some 16 inch silver (machined or painted) wheels though.
Thanks, man. Yea the search for the perfect set of wheels is endless.

Decipher

Registered VIP
Swap is more reliable. End of story. I would go GSR so you can keep it in N/A and barely mod it but still hit that 200 hp.
GSR, that's an integra motor correct? I think I came across a pretty in depth thread on here about different motors for swaps... I'll have to start doing my homework, and start a thread in the appropriate section on here to ask more questions related to this because I don't know the first thing. I am assuming that transmission, axles, and all of that would have to get swapped along with the motor or pieced together.

It's going to be a long road, but I sooo want to start working toward something like this. It's the reason I started working on the car in the first place. My mindset was "get the car looking decent so that you WANT to invest in the motor". I couldn't bring myself to spend thousands of dollars on a project I hated looking at every morning. It's like putting a ring on a girl with no teeth, backne, and hairy armpits. I had to get that b***h some plastic surgery, dentures and proactive first!

So, GSR... and leave it stock, no rebuild or nothing? Ok... anymore suggestions?

Decipher

Registered VIP
Okaaaaaay, so I got the M3's today, mocked them up and...GROSS! I was really disappointed. I have seen several 6th and 7th gens with these on and liked it, but ew. Not on my car, not now not ever. (sorry, no pics. you wouldn't have wanted to see them anyway)

I'm thinking about taking them apart for the LEDs behind the mirrors, or maybe swapping out the mirrors in these altogether with my stock housings so I can have the LED turn signals in the mirrors... i would really like that hidden arrow in the glass, not too common. We'll see.

At least it's out of my system and now I know. I will just have to save $200 for my CTRs.

Decipher

Registered VIP
UPDATE -

Took the M3s apart and pulled the LEDs. They were housed in a nice little cluster made of plastic that screwed right off. I popped the glass out of my stock side mirror and cut the backing out on the outer edge to make a space for the LEDs to mount behind the mirror. I tested them out tonight and it looks sick. The LEDs are red, in a chevron shaped arrow, they flash bright and clear through the glass.

Tomorrow, once I get some wire to tie them to my corner lights I will put the other side together, and take some shots of it to throw up on here.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone on here done anything similar to their side mirrors? I'd like to see others for comparison.

Decipher

Registered VIP
One more thing.

These are power side mirrors. When I popped the actual mirror out of the housing, the two arms that connect the motors to the mirror came out attached to the back of the glass. When reinstalling the mirror onto it's pivot joint, I lined the control arms up with their motors, but they wouldn't snap back in. Has anybody worked on power side mirrors? Can someone explain how to get these back into their sockets so that my power mirrors work? Or refer me to a write up on this, because I couldn't find one.