What do you guys think about this car???

ZuM00Si

Jack Load
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was thinking about selling my 94 Gsr and I guess you can say upgrade to a newer Prelude. I find Ludes pretty cheap on craigslist and I know I can get atleast 3 grand for the GSR low blue book. Has anyone owned a 98 and newer prelude what did you like or dislike about them?

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Paging Matt... MattMob to the Prelude owners thread please ***radio static nnoise ***

wish I could afford a 2nd car :shock:

good luck to ur findings Javi

flora

toaster oven
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol....matty where are you.....

he liked his car--just wished it was a manual. he would've kept it if it was manual.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
pros:

newer car
probably less miles
slightly bigger car inside and out
bigger motor

cons:
not quite as sporty in the corners
slightly worse gas mileage

i say go for it ... oh and javi imma be in modesto tommorow for a job interview with stanislaus county for the summer ... and you should be able to get 4k or so for the teg unless your miles are mad high or its got other problems, everyone loves 94-95 gsr's cause obd1

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ive always thought obd2 started with 94+ models? no?

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
more torque.

The Prelude isn't really any faster than the GS-R. But it does have more torque. It'll be easier to drive quickly and require less careful gear selection. Suppose you are coming out of a corner at 2500 rpm in 3rd gear; from experience, I can tell you my GS-R wouldn't be doing s**t for awhile. You can do a little better with a 'lude without shifting down.

I don't think either one is more reliable than the other. It's a Honda. Reliability is not a negative factor.

I personally feel a little more comfortable in the Prelude. Like it's a bit wider. To me the GS-R was more pod racer with leather seats. The Prelude was more personal luxury car.

Neither back seat is usable by any grown ups.