What do you guys think of my car?

Stickyittoyou

5+ Year Member
Hey guys, here's my 1994 Civic EX, go ahead and give me constructive criticism.
Alright, first things first... it needs a paint job. I'll be sticking with black. I intend to put my fog lights on, just to add more to the styling of the car. I'm a black and silver exterior scheme fan.

The engine looks a lot better then in that picture, I cleaned it off quite a bit. I'll update it when I get the chance.

- And yes. I know it looks like the clip is loose on the front left. It's actually the mount, not the clip itself. Somehow it became bent (Came like that)
The rims I just got for around $250

As you can see here, I have a nice area of primer; I'm afraid to even go into a car wash; so I try to wash the car by hand whenever I can.

I would like to update my headlights someday, they seem to be quite cheapish (EBay-ish)

94blackhatch

eerrrr
5+ Year Member
well first of all you have directional tires and the left front tire should be on the right side... car looks ok just need a lil bit of work and she'll look nice!

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Needs paint, diff wheels, tails and lamps.

Stickyittoyou

5+ Year Member
well first of all you have directional tires and the left front tire should be on the right side... car looks ok just need a lil bit of work and she'll look nice!
Glad I posted that up here then, thanks you! =)

So just swap the front? okay I will do that when I get the car back, thanks. It's in the shop right now, no doubt you saw my post earlier last week? The mechanics are thinking it's the valves that are broken...:???: I'm crossing my fingers.
I also want to change the exhaust headers > back.

Destroy - "Needs paint, diff wheels, tails and lamps."

I don't know how to quote multiple people on this forum yet, but yeah I would spend money on changing a few things; but right now isn't the time on it. I want some different headlights that are Angel Eyes, BUT are more bold. Where the Eyes stand out from the black interior of the head lamps. As for the tail lights, I like them, they are smoked; I don't really like stock ones :???:. As for the rims, I like spoke rims, and for 250 dollars buying them off of a random person online I got a good deal, plus I really needed some rims at the time; I had some even worse rims on my car that where 14's.... they looks horrid.

Much like these (yea yea I know they are from Ebay... but that's what I can afford basically)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1992-1993-1994-1995-HONDA-CIVIC-2D-PROJECTOR-HEADLIGHTS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem35a254852cQQitemZ230356714796QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Stickyittoyou

5+ Year Member
Well this is how I got the car. I'm actually working on it. Thanks to this local guy, there was hardly any maintenance done to the car, so I'm stuck doing it as I find it... when I got the car there it was 1 quart over in the oil... I drove it over 250 miles like that to get to my house. The car wasn't inspect-able until I could fix it up... so I think it's come a ways.

What don't you like about it besides it not being pimped out to be in some tuner magazine? The engine bay looks a LOT better then it does that picture now.

Last edited by a moderator:

4bangincivic

sup
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
OP, good luck with the build up. You've got alot of work on your hands

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
headlights and tails need to be changed and remove all the red wire covers. It looks like your exhaust is probably a piece of junk too because the tip is way for over from the cutout section of the rear bumper

95civicdude

5+ Year Member
haha i like it. i just bought my civic 2 months back and it needed alot of work, but now its lookin pretty good, good luck with whatever you plan on doin to it, its real fun!!

jokenfu

Adobo Powered Pinoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
maybe he rides in reverse...:lol:

has good potential i think.

mynameisChris

Total Brutal
5+ Year Member
To the OP, it looks like the same guy that tricked out my car got ahold of yours too haha. I've slowly been getting mine un-lame but it's a long process. Good luck! :thumbup:

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Op: Nice platform to start with. Not a fan of the red wire loom or the tail lights, but the rest is coming along slowly.

Good luck with the build.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
for the lights check out k2 motor, they have a lot of stuff on their that is affordable, all of the stuff ive gotten from there so far has been of decent quality for the price. looks good so far, ide find a red sleeve for the intake tube to valve

93civeeDX

5+ Year Member
the one things that bothers me the most. is the muffler.
its not in the center of that whole and i hate that.
but looks like a good solid base to start with

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
its just another muffler from a different year, not too big of a deal, it looks clean atleast...

op, just a paintjob will make your car look really god, i would suggest oem tails and headlights.. maybe some different wheels too...i can picture your car painted with 99-00 si wheels and I think it would look good..

Stickyittoyou

5+ Year Member
headlights and tails need to be changed and remove all the red wire covers. It looks like your exhaust is probably a piece of junk too because the tip is way for over from the cutout section of the rear bumper

I'll be taking that crap off of the wiring. The exhaust had a nice one on there, but for the purpose of inspection; I had the woman who sold the car to me take it off. (She wasn't the person who did everything to the car, the person prior to her did) I'll be putting on my other one I have.

I have a few other problems with the car.... lol.

1.) The horn doesn't work, you can hear in the terminal a clicking sound whenever you press the horn button.
My guess to the reason of it not working is because the kid that had it before the woman I bought it off of put a secondary tachometer on; so he didn't do a professional job on it. I believe that he took out some wires that where required for it. Where do the wires go for the horn? Do they follow up behind the glove compartment? If so I have 3 plugs that are randomly behind it... I'm sure most of that is for the AC unit... which is mysteriously not in my car for an EX with a "Limited Edition" sign on my dash... it even looks like the car never had it.

Anyways back to the tachometer. The kid decided to take two wires and put them into an empty fuse slot and have a 15amp fuse complete the circuit... when I saw that one, I was curious of how "jerry rigged" the rest of the car has been...
2.) My Speedometer doesn't stay on all the time, my guess is it's the speed sensor gear; I just lately replaced the sensor in hopes to remedy it, but it still has it's moments.

Stickyittoyou

5+ Year Member
Did we go back in time?
(This may sound like a annoyed question, but it's not meant to be)
?¿? Why do you say that ?¿?
I intend to keep the tail lights and I've ordered some new headlights (I'm sticking with Angel Eyes since they are my favorite style; but these will allow the angel eyes to stand out with a black background), I like the rims that I put on there, granted as one person stated before, saying that I put 2 rims on the wrong sides (Ooops...), but that is what I get for not knowing anything about proper tire rotation. I prefer 6 or 7 spoke rims, simple and yet sharp; besides I found these online for 250 dollars w/ tires from a local person after my other rims crapped out on me (They where aluminum alloy rims ... yuk and butt ugly anyways...) So yeah, I have my own style that I want. I'm also planning on putting my OEM fog lights on sometime soon here. If weather permits and I have enough time to do it.

Once the local High School starts up, I'll see about a paint job on the car, if the budget can do it that is. The auto tech teacher told me it would be around 350 dollars (I love only having to pay for the paint and other materials :D).

The end of last year I was trying to see about it, and he told me to go for a 400 dollar Maco Paintjob... (NEVER!)

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice car... Really like how the engine looks... D series rules!!!... Keep us updated bro...

94GSRcivic

5+ Year Member
good build i like it just do everything correctly and atleast it doesnt look like my car good god mine looks like something outta fast and furious :/ im glad i got my engine swapped though but good project car to begin with.

PatMart

5+ Year Member
Hey man, looks good, a paint job will make it look a lot better so it's hard to judge until then. As for the tails, I think they look fine, especially since the car's black. The headlights are fine too, don't know why everyone on here is so anti-aftermarket parts besides the engine. Keep the heads and tails if you want, it's your ride. I do agree with the guy about the muffler, looks wayyy outta place because it's not in the moulding.

Keep us posted.