what do you think and some questions

ftrms

5+ Year Member
Ok so my gf co worker has a 99 si its not in the best condition has different front end no si tails on hubcaps, but the motor is fine. If I bought the car for 2700 swapped the motor in my 99 ex and my motor in hers and sold it for about 2k obo would I be able to smog her car or would I have to BAR it cause its a different motor? I know I would have to BAR mine. I'm in california. What do you guys think. Before you say keep the si intact and fix it I'm partial to my car and so that's not an option. Thanks

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ok so my gf co worker has a 99 si its not in the best condition has different front end no si tails on hubcaps, but the motor is fine.
you sure its an Si? Doesn't sound like it to me...

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you sure its an Si? Doesn't sound like it to me...
I would check to make sure it's an Si... Check the VIN. If it has "EM1" in it, it's an Si.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if iits an si you will have to get it bared all the same, its cali and its a motor swap. but being that its cali i bet the motor was stolen at one point and now you are in possession of stolen goods-cheers!

ftrms

5+ Year Member
Motor isn't stolen yes its an si she just smogged the car its salvaged someone stole it and took parts off it except the motor. If I put the single cam in the si and tried to smog it do you think they'll even know?

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes they will. Vin number tells what motor is suppost to be in there, dont think you can try to trick the refs

ftrms

5+ Year Member
I'm not talking about refs I'm talking about a mom n pop smog shop.. I know ill have to ref the b16 in mine... I guess I could part out the si to make some money back or try n sell the shell for cheap

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Its gonna fall off the US soon anyway. It can go hangout with Hawaii.

emerican

Registered VIP
lets send Cali to mexico =) they both suck
:word: i am so glad i have never even been there. I have had family and friends go there for just a little while on vacation or something for the miltary and everyone of them said they hated it. The rules concerning there emmisions and cars are horrible.