What ECU will be best in an 02 coupe with a D17a2 and LX Manual Transmission? Thanks!

N/A

N/A WorkRacer
I know every honda ECU number is in this format 37820-XXX-XXX.

On the seventh gen the middle three characters are different than the 6th and previous generations. All the ECU's I have seen for the 7th gen. start with P some PLM, PLR, PMP, and PMS. I think the PLM's are for non-Vtec (I know it is on the LX) and PLR is for Vtec(I know it is on the EX). I am not sure about the PMP and PMS. I have only seen the PMS listed for Automatics. I do not know what is up with the PMP, could someone please enlighten me on this.

For the last Three characters, all the ones I have seen start with L and then the second character if 0-4 is manual transmission and 5+ means automatic transmission. The third character represents the revision number, I think.

My 02 LX coupe with D17a1 engine and 5spd Manual Transmission had a #37820-PLM-L04 ECU.

I have seen 03 ECU's listed with #37820-PLR-LO6 and #37820-PLR-L07. I was wondering if the L06 and L07 revisions would work at all on the 02 and if so, would it work better then a L04 or L05 revision. I do not know the differences in the revisions. If anyone has any idea, please voice your opinion or state some facts.

I called a honda dealer and they say I need #37820-PLR-417. I told the guy #37820-PLM-L04 came out of my LX and he said the L04 is the old numbering and PLR is on an EX and PLM is on an LX. I looked into the price of those on 3rd party sites and they want $400+ for the 417. So I want a used one for 200 or less so I need to find out which ECU on the old numbering system to use.

I have done a lot of research for almost a week and my clutch will be here Thursday or Friday and I still need a wiring harness for a 02 manual with a D17a2 engine and the ECU to run it properly. Please someone enlighten me or just throw your opinions out there and I will respond. I will be watching this forum like a hawk all day so I will respond quickly, I need to get these parts ordered so I can perform an engine swap asap.

N/A

N/A WorkRacer
The PMP and the PMS and for the HX and the GX. The GX takes Compressed Natural Gas as a fuel and has the D17A7 motor. The HX has a D17A6 which is the one with the lean burn VTEC. The PLM is for the D17A1 motor which came in the DX/LX/VP models in the US. The PLR is for the D17A2 motor which came in the EX in the US.

So I need a #37820-PLR-L05,6, or 7(If the 6 or 7 will run in my 02 properly).

Also, I still need a wiring harness for a 02 EX w/Manual transmission.