What else do you drive?

Anthony_76

5+ Year Member
Well I thought I'd see what other members drive besides their Honda's.
I'll start off with my baby.
'95 F-150 SuperCab XLT Mark III Conversion
2WD, Shortbed, 102K original miles,
5.0 V8, Auto w/ Overdrive.
Kenwood Excelon X998 Headunit,
Kicker 4x6s in rear, Alpine 6.5s in front.
Aftermarket alarm with remote start.

This truck is my pride and joy.

What else do you guys 'n gals drive or ride?

Anth's F-150 (1).jpg Anth's F-150 (2).jpg Anth's F-150 (3) (Custom).jpg

Last edited:

dancam

Registered VIP
My wifes car is an 02 civic, ive had an 03, 05, and 01. My daily driver is a 1993 ford festiva with 440,000km. Had it for almost 9 years and its a way more fun, more reliable, more cheaper, and more fuel efficient car than those civics. 63 hp from a 1.3L mazda motor. The car is amazing. Did 20 runs at the local track and its a slow 1/4 mile but the car is quick off the line. Only 3 cars beat me off the line, but i only beat 2 to the finish. 17.8 seconds. But i had new/old mustangs, evo's, civics, golfs... All beat off the line and quite often to second gear.
62.7mpg was the best i ever got(Canadian gallons, also known as UK mpg) used to average 55mpg but ran my transmission out of oil 3 times and completely seized it the first time cos i didnt know what was going on. Now i get 53mpg avg. if i spend a lot of time in the city, drive it hard and do 75mph on the freeway (3600rpm) it gets 50. Worst i ever got was 38mpg with a bad O2 sensor, no exhaust after te downpipe, -34c and i spend hours and hours bombing around on a frozen lake through fairly deep snow. Think i still got 45 when i pulled this boat in a bad headwind and couldnt get out of 4th gear =) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454046846.616814.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454046878.682253.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454046983.900371.jpg
It will go places some pickups wont. Used to do a lot of off-roading. Had a really poor camera, the snow isnt deep yet here, but they are like some of the only photos that turned out. Went through powder almost up to my headlights farther down this trail.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454047773.576898.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454047792.533949.jpg

Digging it out after my 05 civic died.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454048009.157450.jpg
Got it stuck in a lake on a boat launch once. Had no handbrake at the time, no cell service, thought it would roll too far ahead if i put it in gear and got out. So i had to wait with my foot on the brake till someone found me 1/2 hour later. It was a long half hour with water coming through the floorboards... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454049883.715185.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My wifes car is an 02 civic, ive had an 03, 05, and 01. My daily driver is a 1993 ford festiva with 440,000km. Had it for almost 9 years and its a way more fun, more reliable, more cheaper, and more fuel efficient car than those civics. 63 hp from a 1.3L mazda motor. The car is amazing. Did 20 runs at the local track and its a slow 1/4 mile but the car is quick off the line. Only 3 cars beat me off the line, but i only beat 2 to the finish. 17.8 seconds. But i had new/old mustangs, evo's, civics, golfs... All beat off the line and quite often to second gear.
62.7mpg was the best i ever got(Canadian gallons, also known as UK mpg) used to average 55mpg but ran my transmission out of oil 3 times and completely seized it the first time cos i didnt know what was going on. Now i get 53mpg avg. if i spend a lot of time in the city, drive it hard and do 75mph on the freeway (3600rpm) it gets 50. Worst i ever got was 38mpg with a bad O2 sensor, no exhaust after te downpipe, -34c and i spend hours and hours bombing around on a frozen lake through fairly deep snow. Think i still got 45 when i pulled this boat in a bad headwind and couldnt get out of 4th gear =) View attachment 27142View attachment 27143View attachment 27144
It will go places some pickups wont. Used to do a lot of off-roading. Had a really poor camera, the snow isnt deep yet here, but they are like some of the only photos that turned out. Went through powder almost up to my headlights farther down this trail.
View attachment 27145View attachment 27146

Digging it out after my 05 civic died.
View attachment 27147
Got it stuck in a lake on a boat launch once. Had no handbrake at the time, no cell service, thought it would roll too far ahead if i put it in gear and got out. So i had to wait with my foot on the brake till someone found me 1/2 hour later. It was a long half hour with water coming through the floorboards... View attachment 27148

I am speechless

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think theres already a thread like this..

dancam

Registered VIP
I think theres already a thread like this..
I found this one: Spirits of Cars Passed
http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/index.php?threads/Spirits-of-Cars-Passed.225929/ but its from 2014 and quite a few links are dead. Its also more about past cars rather than current non-civic rides. But if there is another thread or the moderators want to merge these 2 thats cool with me.
I am speechless
Haha, its the best car ever =)

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
a 98 CRV, Ruckus and couple of fishing kayaks.

dancam

Registered VIP
Nobody else has non-civic rides they want to post about?
I also love my speedometer. =) Notch every 2km/hr, Easy to see how fast your going. None of this 220km/hr nonsense on a civic or any car that takes 5 miles to get to 170.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454269891.027410.jpg

dancam

Registered VIP
Civic
DeVille
El Camino SS
S2000
Trailblazer
Volt
Wow, thats quite the range of vehicles! All just for you to pick what you feel like driving each day, shared with your family, are some project vehicles or what?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
62.7mpg was the best i ever got(Canadian gallons, also known as UK mpg) used to average 55mpg but ran my transmission out of oil 3 times and completely seized it the first time cos i didnt know what was going on. Now i get 53mpg avg. if i spend a lot of time in the city, drive it hard and do 75mph on the freeway (3600rpm) it gets 50. Worst i ever got was 38mpg with a bad O2 sensor, no exhaust after te downpipe, -34c and i spend hours and hours bombing around on a frozen lake through fairly deep snow. Think i still got 45 when i pulled this boat in a bad headwind and couldnt get out of 4th gear =)
I am speechless
Me too. I didnt think anyone would admit to owning a Ford Festiva either. Lol

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Civic
DeVille
El Camino SS
S2000
Trailblazer
Volt
Wow, thats quite the range of vehicles! All just for you to pick what you feel like driving each day, shared with your family, are some project vehicles or what?
I was about to comment on that too. Thats a very eclectic collection of cars.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Civic was bought from a local dealer advertising "Cars as low as $500!" but after fees and bullshit, was $15##. Needed a clutch as it couldn't grab anything higher than 25mph, but bought it right as someone else came in for it and that guys salesman just about tried to skip ahead of us. Kept it because visiting the (now ex) gf 2hrs away and seeing 39mpg is hard to let go of, plus it's a fun beater. Ran into problem with it a couple months back and once I get around to fixing it, probably going to finally sell it like I meant to last year.

DeVille used to be my dads and it got passed down as he upgraded to something else

El Camino is a project/beater/awesome/troll. Was in a junkyard after a hurricane in Key West but fired right up and drove out. The thing just does not die and still have Vette's and V's (Cadillac) trying to race it on the highway for some reason, packing a relatively stock 305. Was even thinking today about pulling the motor/trans and getting everything to do a rebuild on both, doesn't need it but would be fun

S2000 I've had for 10.5 years, currently at 173k miles and enjoying just about every one

Trailblazer was bought with a blown radiator, but the double suck was GM put the transmission cooler in the bottom of the radiator so the fluids mixed and pink sludge was clogging up the motors coolant passages. That has since been taken care of and it's a nice truck. Not quite as nice as my old Escalade but it'll do lol

The Volt is about 6 months old now and a fun little thing. Not as fun as the Camino or S2000 but a different type of fun I suppose. And when you're showing properties every day, having something that looks good, fits in everywhere, and easy on gas, helps.

dancam

Registered VIP
Civic was bought from a local dealer advertising "Cars as low as $500!" but after fees and bullshit, was $15##. Needed a clutch as it couldn't grab anything higher than 25mph, but bought it right as someone else came in for it and that guys salesman just about tried to skip ahead of us. Kept it because visiting the (now ex) gf 2hrs away and seeing 39mpg is hard to let go of, plus it's a fun beater. Ran into problem with it a couple months back and once I get around to fixing it, probably going to finally sell it like I meant to last year.

DeVille used to be my dads and it got passed down as he upgraded to something else

El Camino is a project/beater/awesome/troll. Was in a junkyard after a hurricane in Key West but fired right up and drove out. The thing just does not die and still have Vette's and V's (Cadillac) trying to race it on the highway for some reason, packing a relatively stock 305. Was even thinking today about pulling the motor/trans and getting everything to do a rebuild on both, doesn't need it but would be fun

S2000 I've had for 10.5 years, currently at 173k miles and enjoying just about every one

Trailblazer was bought with a blown radiator, but the double suck was GM put the transmission cooler in the bottom of the radiator so the fluids mixed and pink sludge was clogging up the motors coolant passages. That has since been taken care of and it's a nice truck. Not quite as nice as my old Escalade but it'll do lol

The Volt is about 6 months old now and a fun little thing. Not as fun as the Camino or S2000 but a different type of fun I suppose. And when you're showing properties every day, having something that looks good, fits in everywhere, and easy on gas, helps.
Nice =) i was mostly wondering how the volt fit into all that. S2000's look like a lot of fun, i got to work on one once.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Other than Roxanne I have a 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 500... for sale... lol

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at