What engine should I get?

dnunit

Banned
I just picked up a '94 hatch and I was wondering what motor to drop into it. I have about 2K-4K to spend and I just want something to serve as a quick daily driver but can still have a go with the guy next to you at a stoplight.

Any recommendations?

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
they have asked this question many many times and to search... it is really just personal preferance. i would go with the H22A but at the same time a GSR swap for you

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
man, i have heard this question alot, im not being a d**k but a million new guys ask this question, tho it has been discussed so many times, do what you want to do, we cant tell you what motor to get. its all about what you want, yea, we can give you opinions but your gonna get so many opinions you wont be able to make a decision.

xSTELLARx

You ARE NOT Ready
5+ Year Member
a JDM GSR off hmotorsonline.com

$4,188 gets u COMPLETE SWAP with JDM B16 LSD tranny and hasport mounts.

i bought the same swap..added a Skunk2 intake mani and a Exhuast and some cheap ass vatozone intake and made 161WHP/145tq. untuned. tuning tomarrow on Hondata s100. but i also replaced the waterpump,oil pump,timing belt and timing belt ten. new plugs. but thats all reccomended when u buy a complete swap

oh..and i added an ACT street/strip Heavy Duty Clutch-$454.00