what gaskets?

1991civicZC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok so i get a little white smoke puff after hitting the gas after going down a hill so i figure i need to change my valve cover gaskets and maybe my head gasket...

here is my problem.. i have a 91 DOHC ZC 1.6L motor and i do not know and can not figure out what motor and car, year, etc... i need to get it for so it matches my motors???

please and thank you to whoever can answer this delima

1991civicZC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i am not missing coolant enough to tell at all but white smoke is coolant burning through cylinders. on my number 4 spark plug i see a little oil on it meaning the valve cover gaskets need replacing... i just want to know for sure what type i need????

1FastEX1994

^ROFLcopter
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if theres oil fouling a plug, i think that means head gasket, not VC gasket....

1991civicZC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so the valve cover gasket surrounding the spark plug hole can not let oil in? im sure oil has to be able to get in there other then just the head gasket

1991civicZC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
need valve cover gaskets for sure ok back to my origional question of exactly what motor from what car fits mine for sure!

89 integra???

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
evo is still a turbo 4 cylinder. just made by another company. and google the motor, its not hard. also you could just go to autozone and ask for vc replacement gaskets?

1991civicZC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if i ask them they will want to know year, make, model of car and type... im trying to get a for sure answer... so is it a 89 teg or not? im confused