what gaskets?

1993hatch

5+ Year Member
okay i work at napa, so go to napa, ask why your car is shooting out a white cloud of smoke, they will ask you what car and just tell them your motor is a 91 d16z6 1.6 litre SOHC vtec. It is also a possibilty that you have blow by on your worn out piston rings. or worn out valve seats. which would lead to a more expensive problem.

1993hatch

5+ Year Member
nvm, didnt see you had DOHC. it could still be the same problems though

1991civicZC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
holy cow... i just want to know one question... WHAT GASKET DO I USE FOR SURE???? jesus... i ask that and i think it is a 89 integra motor i use and i know a lot about the engine and i used the search feature and google duh... there is a bunch of info out there and btw smart guy...wikipedia is an open source so don't rely on it i could change that info you just put up to jelly beans if i wanted to...

so any answer from someone who knows this motor yet??

1991civicZC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i never knew getting one answer would be this hard... remember 91 DOHC ZC non-vtec and i just wanna know what valve cover gasket will work since the DOHC ZC never came stock in the U.S....

1993hatch

5+ Year Member
wow you really r an idiot..and apparently you DONT know anything about motors since your having such a problem pinpointing the problem, good luck with your piece of s**t

stateofjustin

Wow... You're absolutely right. Wikipedia is a terrible resource. Wonder how so many millions of people have made it one of the most reliable sources of information on the planet. Hmm... guess I'm too dumb to know.

Seems you've got this all figured out, since your reference material is better than mine.

Oh wait... you don't.

Since you're such an ungrateful mouthy punk I actually went and found the part number and price for what you need.

Maybe I'll have a use for that information some day, not today though. I'll sleep well knowing I learned something new today.

You're going to a lot of trouble over $8 in parts... if you can't afford a couple sets if you get wrong ones, you should probably sell your car and take the bus.

It's much cheaper.

t140568

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
89 Teg sounds right. I had a DOHC ZC in my 91 Civic Wagon a few years back.

EDIT: According to this: ZC parts list it should be 88-89 teg.