What Happen to my engine???

AlumnCIV

5+ Year Member
Ok so i was going down the road at about 60mph and the all of a sudden my car dies and i wont start i have a d16y7.. my engine just froze up and now it wont turn over??? any body know???

EricDaReDD

Dedicated2myDxHatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Does your car still have power? if not, I'd say alternator. If it does, you might've snapped your timing belt... I suggest you start there. Good luck!

Peace and Llove,
Eric

jason_guy_yeah

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sounds like you broke a timming belt and the engine froze? Well, proably got bent valves too.

EricDaReDD

Dedicated2myDxHatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sounds like you broke a timming belt and the engine froze? Well, proably got bent valves too.
:word: Put on a new belt and run a comression test... or just remove the head and check. Mine weren't bent when it happened to me, but it's rare for valves to survive a snapped belt in an interference-style engine.

Peace and Llove,
Eric

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You didnt happen to suck up water did you?

roaddogg3034

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
an engine needs fuel, air, and spark to run. check everything having to do with that. check all fuses. then check your internals if nothing else is wrong. maybe your headgasket failed.

SuperSize

japanese muscle
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think he would know if he blew a head gasket, you engine would not just turn off..i say check you oil, and check you timing.