What is a good type of bodykit??

CIVICEXJMS

5+ Year Member
i'm lookin to get a bodykit for the summer and i wanted to get some ideas of good quality ones, so they dont break easily, before you answer im not looking for your opinion on what u think about them just if you know where i can find one that is good quality... i'm not trying to spend no 1,000 dollars on one either. Thank You.
i have a 2000 honda civic ex 2d

brent_si™

Ballers roll 20+ psi
5+ Year Member
Are you looking for something huge or a lip kit? Bomex makes good kits. But an oem honda lip kit or wings west lip kit will look sweet, be cheaper, and better quality.

CIVICEXJMS

5+ Year Member
so people said utherane was very good but they are extremly expensive! and ive heard that fiberglass breaks very easily......

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That fast and furious bullshit is over.. bodykits are :rice:

Why not spend that 600 bucks on suspension or wheels or new seats.. Just my :twocents:

J_Uhrig87

bestofbothworlds
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
seriously, your car is going to be very out-dated. really the only people who still put big full body kits on their cars are people who are either doing shows or drifting, and even then, the people drifting with big body kits are nissan 240sx's and skylines. either stick with factory lip kits or don't waste your money. I'd say a good middle point between a full body kit and a lip kit would be checking out some j's racing front lips, their a little bigger than like Type R lips or something OEM but your going to get a bigger price tag.
Also, if you do decide to go with a full body kit, be prepared for it not to fit right. even if you spend 2k on a really nice body kit, the edges aren't going to line up with your body lines, it's just how they are.
Good luck.
oh and PS, this site really isn't the place for full body kits. it maybe was ten years ago, but alot of things have changed over the years. you missed the "RICE" craze by about 10 years. sorry man

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That fast and furious bullshit is over.. bodykits are :rice:

Why not spend that 600 bucks on suspension or wheels or new seats.. Just my :twocents:
this and oem ftw op good luck with your bodykit searching

CIVICEXJMS

5+ Year Member
wow. i guess u didnt read my post, NOT WHAT U THINK!!!!!!! THINK BEFORE U SPEAK!!!!!!
give me some websites to look at lips.....

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I had a kit on one of my Civics...it was fiberglass and the car was slammed...lets just say it got the hell beat out of it...

98civb18c

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The best body kit for a civic is the factory bumper with a lip. f**k that ricer s**t.

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yeah, everyone is entitled to their own opinions.. but if he really wants one then good for him..

Like i said before, In my opinion, Cwest is the best looking kit

Trowa3909

5+ Year Member
There aren't a lot of sites I would trust with getting bodykits and stuff from. and when you do order them it takes forever to get it. But I am no "ricer" and still have a bodykit on one civic, but yes it is mostly for show and a toy. But the other civic is jdm. no bodykit aftermarket rims, nothing, just Si and jdm stuff like the lip kit. But to me if have a bodykit and it is three different colors and doesn't fit and looks like s**t then yes I do think that is "rice" but if you want a bodykit then go for it. They are fun but take lots of time to fit and get mounted the right way.

schutzracing

#1 ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have a complete wings west body kit. Its made out of poly. so it will never break. I just pulled it off my car. I will sell it cheap. let me know

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the best kit is no kit, but if you wanna waste your money making your car look like rice and not make it look good then so be it. But just search bodykit on google, you will come back with thousands of results to go off of.

Enjoy it while you can tho, that time that you realize it was a horrible investment is either when you get it and it doesnt fit, or the time that you start ripping pieces off because your car is slammed and you have pieces missing because you bottomed out too many times.

4BangN

5+ Year Member
I did not read those whole thread because there was no need to give my input.

Answer to the questions "what is the best body kit" is.. NO BODY KIT is the best body kit. Just run your factory lips and skirts and slam that b***h. Will look sexy as hell! :D