What is a good type of bodykit??

frankmoocivic

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow my man is serious! Nobody dare share your opinion. This is a forum. This is not an opinion, this is a fact. Body kits are stupid for daily drivers as it was posted before. next your gonna be asking what color windshield wipers you should get or what neons will go best with your wide body civic. Listen dude research on google and save yourself the hassle I'm not trying to be a dic. Just saying, If you want a body kit buy a superstreet mag and go to the flashy articles and promos and get yourself a "full body kit". Just don't make your next thread about fender an front bumper fitment or the people who warned you are going to change from helpful to the A holes we all can be. Oh and duraflex makes reasonable kits. Good luck vin.

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This civic would look clean without the tails and graphics. And possibly rims and the other stickers.
:smackself
bodykits in general are a waste of time imo. i had one (during my rice stage) and when it was snowing here in N.C. which was very suprising my rear bumper ripped in half. from then on ive only had stock bumpers and unless its parts that increase aerodynamics instead of style they aint going on my car (except for a lip kit). trust me i spent my money in the wrong area and learned the hard way.

frankmoocivic

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well no doubt his question has been answered. We are not knocking you man we are knocking the "body kit trend" obviously you can do what ever you want in fact if you do get a body kit and it like decent and turn out acceptable in "Honda public" post that s**t. But you have to under stand that there are certain cautIons you have to take, snow, potholes, thieves, and pepboys and autozone drive ways. These are all things that can ruin your car/body kit/ self esteem. Good luck I'm bored with it.

r34civic

5+ Year Member
well i guess im a little late on this but, yes blitz body kits and some other kits look like ass, especially the ones that stick out 3 extra feet in the front, and honestly, when i think of rice, i think of a civic with a body kit, a park bench screwed to the trunk lid with wood screws, a autozone burnt tip muffler, chrome hubcaps, purple headlight bulbs, half primer, half, lime green with bubbled up vinyls, "xracing" floor mats and seat covers from autozone...i could keep going but im not going to, yes my civic has a body kit, but its a clean one, its the R34 kit, i have spoon racing seats, a roll cage, air ride suspension, lexus gunmetal gray paint, 17" adr rims, rear seat delete that i made myself with 2 subs mounted and a 2 1000 watt amps, 3 tv's, and i am currently building an h22 for it, just need to order some mounts and a tranny and its going in, no i dont beat the s**t out of my car, and honestly, dont even drive it, i tow it with my 1995 jeep grand cherokee limited 5.2 liter v8 lifted 4 inches with flex kit, with a 18 foot big tex car hauler

frankmoocivic

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ugh. i thought this was over. hmmmm ok, nobody is saying body kits should never ever ever go on a car. we are saying that its a waste of money. i can pull up a hundred thousand pictures of "clean body kits." im sure who ever goes out and spends $1000-$3000 (and in some cases i have seen wide body kits upwards of $15,000) is going to love thier body kit. the problem here is im sure this civic is his daily driver (if not i apologize) and if he needs to post a thread as to which body kit to buy, he is not ready to modify the exterior of his car. 99% of the cars that have reputable body kits are drift or show cars. any other, is usaully rice. you even said your car has all that and you dont even really drive it. and it looks to me like your at a car meet/show. and nice plug for your beefy jeep.

Alpha.kx

5+ Year Member
If you put a bodykit on your car everyone will make fun of you. Fast and the Furious s**t was never what the Honda/Import scene was about. Don't be a ricer, go legit and get some OEM lips.

r34civic

5+ Year Member
If you put a bodykit on your car everyone will make fun of you. Fast and the Furious s**t was never what the Honda/Import scene was about. Don't be a ricer, go legit and get some OEM lips.
some people dont want to look like everyone else, to some people making your car YOURS is more fun and seeing it when its done feels good, if your going to do oem, atleast get a sweet paint job

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no one ever made fun of me and my bodykit :oops:

frankmoocivic

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no one ever made fun of me and my bodykit :oops:

your car doesnt look like a f**king circus act. its clean and subtle. if you had a ten foot spoiler and a front bumper that looked like its dripping away from the rest of the car then we would have something to say. but your car is sexy. technically the only thing you changed is your front bumper it still has stock sides and it looks like you have a oem rear bumper with a rear lip . anyway what front bumper is that BYS?

r34civic

5+ Year Member
ok so please point out my 10 foot spoiler....and there not much of a difference between his bumper and mine except the intercooler...

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok so please point out my 10 foot spoiler....and there not much of a difference between his bumper and mine except the intercooler...
I don't think he was saying that you had any of that or that yours was bad at all... Just that people that get made fun of that have body kits, usually have such items as..........10ft spoiler that is out of place etc etc..