What is a good type of bodykit??

frankmoocivic

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok so please point out my 10 foot spoiler....and there not much of a difference between his bumper and mine except the intercooler...
i never said you had a ten foot spoiler. i can point out the fact that you have tacky rims and a rice bumper. you sir do not have a "clean bumper." i do not dislike your car. i dislike the style of it. you can do what ever you want with YOUR car cause i do not have to drive it. but right now you are in a era or generation, of people who do not favor body kits, rice, tacky rims, or anything further off than front and rear lips. the most sought after parts as of the last 8 or 9 months or as long as i have been in the scene is stock parts. or JDM. so again i do not dislike your car, i do not doubt you spent alot of money or time, i just do not agree with or like the style of your show car.

Ninjeff

The brake is on the right
5+ Year Member
Meh. Don't let the guys drag you down dude. Get what looks good to you. If everyone followed the "jdm" trend we'd all have cars that look like everyone elses. Make it your own. Just take pride in what you do, een if it IS getting APC floor mats or whatever. Just make sure when you look at it, you are happy. Thats all.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
front/rear lip

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
IMO I think it looks dang clean... Done properly for a body kitted car... I am still rocking a kit so the people that don't like it, don't look at my car... The only thing I think would help would be some new rims... I need new rims also sooo i can't say much... lol

r34civic

5+ Year Member
yeh, i had the mr7's on there before, but someone hit my car in my driveway and the driver side front rim for all f'd up and i had the ADR's laying in the garage so i wrapped them up in hankook tires and threw them on...and as for the jdm style cars, im not a "hater", i used to have a 95 4door that had a mugen lip kit, dropped on teins, and drag rims, it was SI blue with carbon fiber hood and trunk, i loved it, until a tree fell on it lol, but when everyone else started going with the JDM style i decided i wanted to find a clean kit that didnt look like it didnt fit on my car, my wife just sold her 2000 civic that had a greddy lip kit and was dropped on 18's, and a few of my friends have jdm style civics that i like, one is a hatchy with maroon and black marble paint, so i do like jdm style cars just not for me unless it was a daily driver, a lot of shows i go to are mixed with old school and muscle, and if i role in there with a jdm style whip, the judges would see it as stock, thats how i look at it, but to everyone that likes my car, thanks, and to those of you that dont, well im sorry, but its just my style

jerk334

Hearts my SOHC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wow look at the haters come out. Did the kid ask for EVERYONE to start bashing kits, holy s**t.

Truths:
-Fiberglass kits do suck for dd due to speed bumps,pot holes,any and all road distractions and hazards.
-A fiberglass kit will break, as indestructable as they are, THEY WILL BREAK.
-They dont always fit properly and need some minor fabrications to have correct proper fitment.
-Can look tasteful, RICEing a car is sticking with eGay on all your products, thinking that taking up your passengers side window with stickers of s**t that you bought off eGay but look like Tein springs, so you slap a Tein sticer on your window, of course its 18" x 22" and chrome, but its baller. Rice is slapping mighty mouse graphics on your car and thinking it adds 25hp to your car. Just dont be a poser, and DO NOT watch Fast and Furious taking notes.

-Urethane kits are way more durable, and acceptable to proper fitment on your car.
-13-22lbs in weight.
-Will crack paint if you scrub excessizely, a "good" body shop will put proper urethane paint and it will flex, i saw a budy roll his kit up like a burrito pulling out of a gas station and he only had a spider crack about 4"'s wide.

-Lip kits are what is JayDeeM right now, its the cheap affordable custimization you can do to a bumper, if you scrub, you swap it, and at as cheap as $60 bucks a lip you can replace easily.
-HAVE TO BE PAINTED, your car doesnt look cool with a black bottom lip, would you?
-come in many different style, so you could honestly have 2-3 painted lips ready, and change them upon preference.
-NEED MOUTNING HARDWARE

now with all that said, good durable, true 7 layer kits can be found @ :
www.Grounddynamics.com Carbon Fibere, the works
www.ExtremeDimensions.com Duraflex Bumpers, Urethane, Fiberglass
BodyKits.com

yes a kit will run you about a grand with instalation, and please dont install it your self, if your on a budget with body work,and really want to focus on other parts of your car,ie. suspension, engine, boost maybe?,or hell even a sound system, just get a lip and paint with plastic paint. Body kits are for style points, and haters love to hate on style points. =) AND yes, those damn wings are redonkulious, 2 ft tall wow, we are front wheel drive cars, no need for them,i mean unless your running 3 spoon motors with montegi exhaust, then thats another story.
cough*f**khack* RICE cough*

r34civic

5+ Year Member
thanks pal, atleast someone appreciates a little hard work...check out my other thread, its got some pics that you will most likely appreciate, all the work done by a friend of mine, check it out

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OEM bumpers and lip kit FTW. Body kits usually dont have great fitament. I cant stand the look of unproportioned peices(you might). Fiberglass tends to crack and shatter, urethane seems to wobble in the wind going down the road. Either one isnt that great on a moving vehicle. As stated above, bodykits would be more ideal for show or drift cars.

r34civic

5+ Year Member
well fortunatly for me, i had a very good body guy, who did a very good job lining it up and doing some additional body work to make it fit nearly perfect, and i also dont drive the car that much, maybe 1000 miles a year, so i dont worry about any of the road hazards, and with the airride, i can lift it up as high as 2" above stock ride height...

r34civic

5+ Year Member

thats rice guys...and that doesnt even have a kit...come one, respect all civics...unless they are like that...or with any wing like that

NYGraFFit1

I Tap JdmPrncss
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Maybe it's an illusion and we can only see the wing because of thieves.. that Houdini always playing trick's.

Young gunna

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
good luck finding a kit, my buddy went through hell trying to find one. But yeah like it was previously said; make the car your own, if everyone listened to everyone we'd be like a bunch of storm trooper clones drinving on the road. The car game is to be different while keeping the car nice looking. just don't go throw an insane paint job on there and you'll be all good. So good luck man