what is LSD

civic31g

Rice Racers
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What is LSD, and if i buy a b16a is the lsd going to make much of a diffrence?

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Limited
Slip
Differential

O.Z Chi

Team San Jose
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no man it's a drug. that's what hippies used to get high on.

civic31g

Rice Racers
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by dirtyd16
Limited
Slip
Differential
okay now wtf does that mean?

O.Z Chi

Team San Jose
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Go to the Subaru site. That might shed some light on the subject. The WRX models have LSDs.

civic31g

Rice Racers
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The highly efficient torque transfer capability of the Auburn Gear limited-slip differential is achieved through the use of cone clutches coupled to beveled side gears. As torque is transmitted through the
as told by www.drivetrain.com. thanks for kinda helping.

N/A_SI

CCCC #111
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a lsd helps transfer torque/horsepower from the engine/trans to both front wheels, inside of just spinning one like crazy. yes it helps a good amount.

slammedciv96

N2O Junkie
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
in easier terms it means that when one wheel slips it transfers the power to the other wheel.. also you will notice alot less (if any) torque steer (when you launch your car doesnt pull to the side as much)

civic31g

Rice Racers
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well im buying a b16a2 and it can come with red tranny or lsd tranny. im thinkin ill spend the extra 200$ for the lsd....seems liek it will help A LOT.

codyj86

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
can you get a b16a1 w/ lsd? does it only come with hydro trannies?

slammedciv96

N2O Junkie
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well first thing you want to look at is how much power do you plan on putting to the wheels? the stock lsd is a viscous lsd and will handle at most i would say 250-300whp. if you are planning on more than that i would get the tranny without the lsd and save money for a quaife lsd

civic31g

Rice Racers
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well im buying the b16a2 and putting in cams, new rings, pistions, sleeves, valves, and port and polish. ill put in intake manifold and a t3 turbo kit onto it. not really sure how much ho ill be pushing. i want to boost it to abot 18psi at 6 grand.

Sound Streamin'

Boost or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a t3 will get the job done, but if you are like me (nuts) and have money to burn, then you need something bigger.... hmmm, me thinks a GT72 sounds about right.

Zak8022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civic31g, you can get the stock LSD, but as slammedciv96 said, its only good up to a certain HP point...after that you are gonna burn thru it like butter. it might be a better chioce to save, and get an aftermarket LSD, which will better serve the higher HP numebrs.