What is this port?

civicjv1

5+ Year Member
Wow, Im confused now. Am i missing something? I left that port under the TB open and no air or anything is coming out. This is crazy, I want to just give up on this s**t

SeeOurWrecks

5+ Year Member
Wow, Im confused now. Am i missing something? I left that port under the TB open and no air or anything is coming out. This is crazy, I want to just give up on this s**t
Can't you just hook it up like the diagram? I'm confused as to why you're confused

civicjv1

5+ Year Member
Because it doesn't show where the other port for the FITV goes to. If I do it like the diagram, it leaves that port open. The diagram shows the port on the throttle body goes to the iacv, but if I do that then the FITV that's facing the firewall is open

SeeOurWrecks

5+ Year Member
the fitv only has 2 ports, and they both face down, can you get a picture? The first picture shows the port on the cooling pipe which we've taken care of

civicjv1

5+ Year Member

ok I see now what you are talkin about but this is the port i was talkin about. In the diagram it shows this one hooked up to the left side of the iacv. If i do that then what does the other port from the FITV go to? I know the other one goes to the place under the dizzy but what about the other one?

SeeOurWrecks

5+ Year Member
Do you have a stock motor? What motor do you have exactly, and I can't really say much looking at that pic, if you could get a better pic, ya know, with some good lighting, move back some and focus so I can tell what I'm looking at. That looks like a port right under the TPS from my perspective

civicjv1

5+ Year Member
yeah sorry bout the pic, I took it right after i got out of work. B20b with a b18a TB. Does that help?

civicjv1

5+ Year Member
man you are a life saver, that's what I was looking for. Thank all of you for all your help. I will check this out on thursday(my day off) and keep you all updated. So excited lol!!!

civicjv1

5+ Year Member
Ok so this is really shitty, there is no place to plug in the fitv. What's wrong here? I have a b20 with a b18a manifold. If we look at the b20 diagram, there is no port to put the fitv to. That's exactly how mine looks. What should I do?

SeeOurWrecks

5+ Year Member
I'd run it from the water pipe to the left iacv port, from the right iacv port to the left TB bypass, from the right TB bypass to the left FITV, from the right FITV to the thermostat port

I think that will work, I'd really know better if I could get my hands in there, but you really should get my a good detailed picture of what we're dealing with.....Basically you just need to get hot flowing coolant through those parts, you can skip the throttle body bypass if you want, it makes the incoming air hotter. If you live in a freezing climate though you might need it.

*edit*

I think there's a water bypass on the block that isn't shown in the diagram....I need some good pics of what's going on in your car or I really can't say anything with confidence

civicjv1

5+ Year Member
aight guys, so now I have all of the hoses and ports plugged up properly thanks to the diagrams from seeourwrecks. I just changed out the cooling pipe from the b20 and used a b18, all ports are now good to go. I now have a new problem, the car will not start. It started right after I made all the changes but then died. What's wierd is that when my friend sprays carb cleaner into the TB while I'm cranking, it starts for a bit and then dies. wtf?