What is this reflash...

jesterme

5+ Year Member
is it just for 2006 si or 07 too...what is it suppose to do?

What CAI would you use?

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its usabel on both, it lowers your vtec engagment point and increases your rev limit slightly. Its is basicle a new program for your cars computer to run. The car is programed from the factory with a few features that make the car more sellable to most car buyers but they reduce performance. For instance a stock si has a sharp drop in power right before vtec engages to make vtec engagement more noticeable this helps the sales guys sell cars on test drives but in the real world it makes the car basicly slower. Also the cars computer is programed to balance fule efficantcy and performace, the hondata reflash puts its empahasis on performance. Hondata has dyno graphs posted on thier website for refrence also note the reflash will only benifit you if you replace your header or intake preferable both + and exhaust kit. I recomend the injen cai or sri I have their sri and am satisfied with it. I dont have the reflash because I dont plan on stopping at i/h/e and reflash. If you use forced induction or build your engine you will need a diffrent reflash to make the best use of your engine environment. The hondata reflash is designed to make the best use of an internally stock, n/a k20z3 with i/h/e.

killer_siller

my real car is a toyota
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
actually if you read on hondata's website they currently say the reflash for the K20Z3 is only available for the RRB-A04 and RRB-A05 ECUs

the 07 si comes with an RRB-A11 or RRB-A12

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I stand corrected

killer_siller

my real car is a toyota
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i called up hondata and they said that the rrb-a11/12 reflash is in the works. it'll be up on the website when it's out and it's going to be pretty much the exact same as for the rrb-a04/5

other than the reference, you were on the nose, though bob!

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
there is one from AJP for the turbo for the r18 but it wont do anything unless u have the turbo i think. correct me if im wrong

Raging

Si_ck Love!!
5+ Year Member
Here is the link off e-bay that I read. Has any one on here done this and did it really make a real difference in your performance? : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=003&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=130014223520&rd=1,1

Copied:

"06 Civic Si HONDATA REFLASH : Gains of 29HP & 25FT/LBS!

As the title says: '06 Civic Si HONDATA REFLASH: Gains of 29HP & 25FT/LBS. This is for the 2.0L 197hp K20Z3 Honda Civic Si for model year 2006. Maximum gains of 29HP and 25 FT/LBS torque at 6000 rpm. All this for only $595! AND, ALL SHIPPING IS INCLUDED FOR FREE!!! We even compensate you for your trouble of shipping the ECU directly to Hondata. $30 shipping rebate is included, and is redeemable once HONDATA receives your ECU.

Includes: Upgraded high performance program (aka Reflash) for your stock ECU, as well as two HONDATA stickers

PRODUCT DETAILS

From Hondata.com:

"

Important upgrade

Honda has released an upgrade for the 06 Civic Si ECU. As of August 1 2006 Hondata has incorporated these changes 06 Civic Si reflash. Honda lists the problems addressed as:

Hesitation in first gear
RPM hang when shifting
Pricing

This reflash is specifically tuned for the USDM 06 Civic Si K20Z3.

K20Z3-06Si ECU flash program 8600 rpm REV limit - $595
Hondata does not sell direct - all sales and payment must be conducted through Hondata dealers. The upgrade information form must be sent with your ECU.

Details

The K20Z3-06Si reflash lowers the VTEC point to 4500 rpm, advances the cam angle and raises the rev limit to 8600 rpm.

We have implemented a VTEC window from 4500rpm to 5800 rpm.

Below 4500 rpm the K20Z3 is always on the low cam
Above 5800 rpm the K20Z3 is always on the high cam
Between 4500 rpm and 5800 rpm the K20Z3 is on the low cam at part throttle switching to the high cam at full throttle.
This one reflash will work well with a variety of aftermarket performance parts. It will work well with:

An intake
A race header
A combination of intake and race header
Cat-backs (as long as they are less restrictive than stock)
You must have a minimum of an intake or header.

It is not designed to work with a stock 06 Civic Si and will lose power between 4500rpm and 5600 rpm if installed.

The 06 Civic employs a mass air flow sensor that automatically adjusts the air-fuel ratio for increases in air flow from intakes and race headers. Race headers will not cause this engine to run lean.

The VTEC switch point on this reflash is very smooth - much smoother than previous reflashes. With a stock air box and race header the switch point is virtually undetectable. For the reduction in VTEC "kick" and aural stimulation, we apologize, but this is the path to maximum power.

Power is gained in the midrange from 4700rpm to 6300 rpm. Power gains above 6500 rpm are negligible, although the higher rev limit will raise average power a little.

As this reflash will work with a combination of aftermarket parts we have two examples of the effect of the same reflash on two 06 Civics. (Both Civics dynoed at about 195 stock HP)

Deta2006 Civic Si with Race header, intake and Hondata Heatshield gasket.

The following dyno chart is for an 06 Civic Si with a DC Sports header, Injen intake and Hondata Heatshield gasket. The only change from the green to the blue dyno run was a change from the stock ECU program to the Hondata reflash.

4500 rpm VTEC point
Rev limiter raised to 8600 rpm.
15-25 Hp gain midrange
15-29 ft lb torque gain midrange
2006 Civic Si with intake and Hondata Heatshield gasket.

The following dyno chart is for an 06 Civic Si with AEM CAI intake and Hondata Heatshield gasket. The only change from the green to the yellow dyno run was a change from the stock ECU program to the Hondata reflash.

4500 rpm VTEC point
10-15 Hp gain midrange
5-12 ft lb torque gain midrange

What do customers say?

A WHOLE DIFFERENT CAR (from what you'll be used to)... MY LAAAAAAWWWD...what have these people done to my mild mannered car.... sickyute.
Extensive report in this 8thCivic.com thread.

Its everything i hope for and more! The drivavbilty of the car is awesome now, no more hesitation and a lot more mid range pull and top end power. The midrange is where it gained the most power and that's nice because everytime you shift to the next gear you land right in the peak torque section. From stock i have gained 34whp and 31wtq with only a custom 3'' exhaust and DC race header, hondata IMG and reflash. This was all done with factory intake!! - 06redsi.
More info from this 8thCivic.com thread.

Hondata does not sell direct - all sales and payment must be conducted through Hondata dealers. The upgrade information form must be sent with your ECU."

I am a Hondata Certified Dealer. Here's the process for getting your ECU reflashed:
1) Use Buy-It-Now and make payment
2) Remove your ECU: The ECU is located under a plastic cover to the right of the battery under the hood. You will need a 10mm socket.
3) Fill out the upgrade information form:
Enter Precision AutoBody and Performance as the Dealer
4) Run over to the Post Office, and send the ECU, and the form. 2 day Priority Mail is $5, Overnight Express Mail is $20, or Fedex overnight is $30. Boxes are free, and you'll need some newspaper for stuffing material. One sheet at a time, crumple and stuff. Address to send it to is:
Hondata, Inc.
386 Beech Ave
Unit B2
Torrance, CA 90501

Not only is shipping included for FREE in the Purchase Price, but as an added bonus for shipping the ECU directly to Hondata, you will recieve a refund of $30 for your shipping charges to them. You will recieve your $30 refund once Hondata has received your ECU.

Bid with confidence, I am a HONDATA Certified Dealer, I have plenty of feedback, and I have sold many HONDATA products here on ebay currently, please check my feedback. You can find me on forums at 8thcivic, ClubRSX, and K20a.org under the username GST2RSX-S. Any questions please PM me. I also sell HONDATA gaskets regularly here on ebay, including the 06 Civic Si Gasket.

Standard shipping is Fedex Overnight Mail and is FREE!!!"

Raging

Si_ck Love!!
5+ Year Member
Here is the link off e-bay that I read. Has any one on here done this and did it really make a real difference in your performance? : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=003&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=130014223520&rd=1,1

Copied for your convenience:

"06 Civic Si HONDATA REFLASH : Gains of 29HP & 25FT/LBS!

As the title says: '06 Civic Si HONDATA REFLASH: Gains of 29HP & 25FT/LBS. This is for the 2.0L 197hp K20Z3 Honda Civic Si for model year 2006. Maximum gains of 29HP and 25 FT/LBS torque at 6000 rpm. All this for only $595! AND, ALL SHIPPING IS INCLUDED FOR FREE!!! We even compensate you for your trouble of shipping the ECU directly to Hondata. $30 shipping rebate is included, and is redeemable once HONDATA receives your ECU.

Includes: Upgraded high performance program (aka Reflash) for your stock ECU, as well as two HONDATA stickers

PRODUCT DETAILS

From Hondata.com:

"

Important upgrade

Honda has released an upgrade for the 06 Civic Si ECU. As of August 1 2006 Hondata has incorporated these changes 06 Civic Si reflash. Honda lists the problems addressed as:

Hesitation in first gear
RPM hang when shifting
Pricing

This reflash is specifically tuned for the USDM 06 Civic Si K20Z3.

K20Z3-06Si ECU flash program 8600 rpm REV limit - $595
Hondata does not sell direct - all sales and payment must be conducted through Hondata dealers. The upgrade information form must be sent with your ECU.

Details

The K20Z3-06Si reflash lowers the VTEC point to 4500 rpm, advances the cam angle and raises the rev limit to 8600 rpm.

We have implemented a VTEC window from 4500rpm to 5800 rpm.

Below 4500 rpm the K20Z3 is always on the low cam
Above 5800 rpm the K20Z3 is always on the high cam
Between 4500 rpm and 5800 rpm the K20Z3 is on the low cam at part throttle switching to the high cam at full throttle.
This one reflash will work well with a variety of aftermarket performance parts. It will work well with:

An intake
A race header
A combination of intake and race header
Cat-backs (as long as they are less restrictive than stock)
You must have a minimum of an intake or header.

It is not designed to work with a stock 06 Civic Si and will lose power between 4500rpm and 5600 rpm if installed.

The 06 Civic employs a mass air flow sensor that automatically adjusts the air-fuel ratio for increases in air flow from intakes and race headers. Race headers will not cause this engine to run lean.

The VTEC switch point on this reflash is very smooth - much smoother than previous reflashes. With a stock air box and race header the switch point is virtually undetectable. For the reduction in VTEC "kick" and aural stimulation, we apologize, but this is the path to maximum power.

Power is gained in the midrange from 4700rpm to 6300 rpm. Power gains above 6500 rpm are negligible, although the higher rev limit will raise average power a little.

As this reflash will work with a combination of aftermarket parts we have two examples of the effect of the same reflash on two 06 Civics. (Both Civics dynoed at about 195 stock HP)

Deta2006 Civic Si with Race header, intake and Hondata Heatshield gasket.

The following dyno chart is for an 06 Civic Si with a DC Sports header, Injen intake and Hondata Heatshield gasket. The only change from the green to the blue dyno run was a change from the stock ECU program to the Hondata reflash.

4500 rpm VTEC point
15-25 Hp gain midrange
15-29 ft lb torque gain midrange
2006 Civic Si with intake and Hondata Heatshield gasket.

The following dyno chart is for an 06 Civic Si with AEM CAI intake and Hondata Heatshield gasket. The only change from the green to the yellow dyno run was a change from the stock ECU program to the Hondata reflash.

4500 rpm VTEC point
10-15 Hp gain midrange
5-12 ft lb torque gain midrange

What do customers say?

A WHOLE DIFFERENT CAR (from what you'll be used to)... MY LAAAAAAWWWD...what have these people done to my mild mannered car.... sickyute.
Extensive report in this 8thCivic.com thread.

Its everything i hope for and more! The drivavbilty of the car is awesome now, no more hesitation and a lot more mid range pull and top end power. The midrange is where it gained the most power and that's nice because everytime you shift to the next gear you land right in the peak torque section. From stock i have gained 34whp and 31wtq with only a custom 3'' exhaust and DC race header, hondata IMG and reflash. This was all done with factory intake!! - 06redsi.
More info from this 8thCivic.com thread.

Hondata does not sell direct - all sales and payment must be conducted through Hondata dealers. The upgrade information form must be sent with your ECU."

I am a Hondata Certified Dealer. Here's the process for getting your ECU reflashed:
1) Use Buy-It-Now and make payment
2) Remove your ECU: The ECU is located under a plastic cover to the right of the battery under the hood. You will need a 10mm socket.
3) Fill out the upgrade information form:
Enter Precision AutoBody and Performance as the Dealer
4) Run over to the Post Office, and send the ECU, and the form. 2 day Priority Mail is $5, Overnight Express Mail is $20, or Fedex overnight is $30. Boxes are free, and you'll need some newspaper for stuffing material. One sheet at a time, crumple and stuff. Address to send it to is:
Hondata, Inc.
386 Beech Ave
Unit B2
Torrance, CA 90501

Not only is shipping included for FREE in the Purchase Price, but as an added bonus for shipping the ECU directly to Hondata, you will recieve a refund of $30 for your shipping charges to them. You will recieve your $30 refund once Hondata has received your ECU.

Bid with confidence, I am a HONDATA Certified Dealer, I have plenty of feedback, and I have sold many HONDATA products here on ebay currently, please check my feedback. You can find me on forums at 8thcivic, ClubRSX, and K20a.org under the username GST2RSX-S. Any questions please PM me. I also sell HONDATA gaskets regularly here on ebay, including the 06 Civic Si Gasket.

Standard shipping is Fedex Overnight Mail and is FREE!!!"