What is your downstream O2 sensor voltage ?

TS2008

Hello

Just curious, what is the typical downstream O2 sensor voltage while the car is idling or traveling in a highway ?

MotorMo

Respected
Downstream O2 sensor voltage ( aka after catalytic converter ) varies depending on many things. A car with a healthy cat, the voltage "should" stay above .5 volts when the car is warmed up. Sometimes it dips down below that mark due to lack of air flow through it, IE idle. - The traditional O2 sensor makes voltage in absence of oxygen, so a higher voltage tells the ECU that the cat is retaining oxygen molecules ( instead of by passing) so it can chemically alter the HC, NO, CO, into atmosphere friendly gasses, like CO2, and H2O. Short answer, between .5-.9 of a volt.

TS2008

Ok Thanks MotorMO. I just want to be sure I'm Ok. Because some stated that the downstream O2 sensor voltage should be under 0.5 volt but mine has a steady 0.7 or 0.8 volt.

MotorMo

Respected
No prob. They are potentially correct tho- when your car is stone cold, the voltage will be .0 volts until it gets hot enough to begin operating. It should start at .0 volts at start up, and slowly gain in voltage as ur car warms up. Good luck on your build.