what its the best engine?

ryanM

well if you have the money the k20a type R will be the best. they basically gor ight in order from best to worst in your list. altho they also are in order from most expensive to least. so you decide. a k swap is very expensive. around 5k for the motor and another 3k for the necessary equipment to put it in.

Shogun

is cool
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
B18C1's are good for boost, and I would get a H22 if I want to go n/a. I would get the K20 if I want to go fast.

green

You Can DO IT!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
k20r hands down teh best. I'd say the gsr is the best if you can't afford the k, because it's a good relatively cheap platform to start from either NA or boost.

pastang

5+ Year Member
re

and betwen teh b18c1 and h22a which one do you think its the best one for na and for boost

Shogun

is cool
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
pastang said:
and betwen teh b18c1 and h22a which one do you think its the best one for na and for boost
Like I stated before, the B18 is better for boost and the H22 is better for n/a imo.

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you know... everyone is wrong.. lol. Their all pretty equal for drag/street. Each one get the job done & does it well.. It just up to you with what you want to go with.. So you see, none of those motors are perfect, and each has it's own good and bad points, you just pick your poison.

Though the "fastest" persay ive seen have been K20 & GSR, but other like the H22 went that far behind & these are built setups

DoucheBag

5+ Year Member
Just my $0.02.....

Unless you have like 7k flying magically out of your a*****e, dont even bother with the K's. (Great motors but HUGE pricetag)

So your realistic choices are h22 and gsr....

GSR is an excellent all around motor for whatever you want to do... NA, Juice, Blown, whatever...
H22 is also a very good motor, however the cylinder side walls are IMO far too thin for a high boost application. Granted you could sleeve them or put in retainers, but thats a lot more money that could be spent elsewhere. If it was me i would go for the GSR. More options, more aftermarket support, and a lot more flexible. But by all means if you can afford it, k20a Type R is...... yummy..... :drools: