What kind of civic should i get?

IWantACivic

im brand new to clubcivic. im 15, ive wanted a civic since i was 12. my parents gave me a price range the maxium they would spend is 6,000. so what year/model civic should i get? i have money in the bank for parts and what not. im llooking to make this car stand out in looks and speed. any suggestions on what car to get or what motor or parts i should buy ?

iHeartHonda

i mean, it all depends on what style you like.. hatch? coupe? eg's, ek's? .. oh and welcome! =)
im sure once we know what your leaning towards, everyone would be glad to help from there..

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
For that budget I would be looking at 99-00 Civic Si coupe. Good looks, good motor, pretty hard to go wrong with that car.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
95 si with a swap and you'll have $$ left over to buy drugs.

IWantACivic

thanks for the suggestions, im looking at 99-00 civic si coupe or a hatch. so now what motor do yall think i should get?

Last edited:

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you get the EM1 then you don't need to look for a motor! Luv that B16! But being that young and getting your first car. Get something cheap, I was able to avoid the situation, but chances are you're gonna F your first car up, so just get something ok for now and work towards something

HondaFanatik

Safest bet wld a be 99-00 Si but if you wanna get something cheap then go with 92-95 Si. Just my preference so depends on wat you like.