What kind of gas mileage have you been getting lately?

packerfan

5+ Year Member
My last tank was 40.38 on my 06 civil lx 4 dr. That is my best tank so far to date. What's yours?

ryanM

26.5mpg never more, never less :lol:

but its not a civic.

but hey, your in GB. i'm going to college there this fall! welcome to the site!

killer_siller

my real car is a toyota
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
27mpg on my FA5. 32 MPG on my AW11. funny that my aw11 gets better gas milage currently, where as my FA5 is my daily.

dwack91

5+ Year Member
well i get 33 inb city and about 39 on high way

t85konrad

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what is the best shift point for the best mpg, i drive around 3-4k rpms is that a good shift point??

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
3K or under is probably best.

killer_siller

my real car is a toyota
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i shift at 3200 around town, 5500 when i need moderate acceleration. the fa5 really is a slug under vtec, though.

jameson1686

forever a post whore
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Honda recommends shifting under 3k for fuel efficiency. if you are in the right gear the fa5 accelerates just fine...We should get a meet together for our 8th gen's in wisco...I go to UWM, and travel around wisco quite often. My folks are from green bay also. Good thing you like the packers otherwise you would probably need to hit VTEC the whole way out of town...
i never get less than 30 mpg. 35+ for hwy

mrd

5+ Year Member
What method do you guys use to estimate your mpg? I filled it up Sunday night, and I'm sure I drove over 300 miles before it hit 3 bars left. But that doesn't seem very accurate to calculate from. Maybe fill it up, drive a measured distance, then fill it again and check the pump to see how much you put back in?

OK so why did I ask.. ah I'll try to remember to do this and then I'll let ya'll know :P

packerfan

5+ Year Member
What method do you guys use to estimate your mpg? I filled it up Sunday night, and I'm sure I drove over 300 miles before it hit 3 bars left. But that doesn't seem very accurate to calculate from. Maybe fill it up, drive a measured distance, then fill it again and check the pump to see how much you put back in?

OK so why did I ask.. ah I'll try to remember to do this and then I'll let ya'll know :P

Fill up your tank. Hit the trip button. Then the next time you fill up (you don't have to be completely on "empty" either), check your receipt for the amount of gallons you put in. Then divide the miles driven by the amount of gallons you put in your tank.

mrd

5+ Year Member
I used 9.862 gallons and went 358.4 miles, that's 36.34 MPG. Not too shabby. =) That's mostly driving 45 miles to work and back every day on the highway @ 65mph, with a little city driving.