what kind of mileage do u get with ur em1 /tank.

ri.S.I.R.

5+ Year Member
hey guys i finally took my em1 for a roadtrip about 900 km or 600 or so miles and i only got about 600km's on one tank and in the city ill get like 450km's. I just wanted to know if this is around normal or should i be gettin a little better? When i had my accord it had a 2.2 and i got the same amout. Also the lower half of my tank is stupid when i go uphill the gauge goes lower and downhill itll go higher. Is there not enough baffles in the tank or something?

locvu

5+ Year Member
haha i have the same confusion, but im not sure how much 600 km is in miles, probably about 300 i think. anyways i get about 260 miles on a full tank all around highway/city. And in my Prelude i used to get about 240 on a tank and the prelude is 2.2. i guess the em1 has a way smaller tank and more sensitive sensor of the gas amount in it. thats why the meter always move up and down whenever i turn sharp. haha

mixwell

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
naw, the gas tank fluctuates when the gas moves back and forth or side to side. there's no easy fix for it.

i get about the same with my hatch with b16a2 on mileage. i actually get better mileage in the city than the highway due to driving 80 on the freeways.

cfuller_21

00 MR EM1
5+ Year Member
On a full tank I'm getting around 250 miles. That's highway/city.

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
at least people in this thread are being honest...my civic used to get like 225 to a tank of all city driving and everyone on here would tell me theyre getting like 400

FreeOfThoughts

The joy of driving
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah normally 250-270 miles in the city (430 km), but i just did a bunch of highway driving and got like 315 (500 km) on a tank, i was pumped.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I got 338 mostly city out of my last tank (it's not an Si though)... that would be my record lol. It's an 11.9 gallon tank... and I filled up 10.2 gallons.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i fill up every 300 or so miles. the longest ive gone without filling was about 360 miles. i dont go by the gas gauge b/c its innaccurate, i just reset my trip odometer everytime i fill up. its usually right at 10 gallons, maybe less if i didnt d**k around on the street. ~30mpg

Honda9206

Working on the 92 DX
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I am usually getting around 260 miles (city) and 340 (highway) on a completely full tank of gas. The most I ever got was 380 miles but it was all highway.

96swpdEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
in my Si i get abou 250 or so miles a tank.

my old DX was getting closer to 400, gotta love those long trannys lol

immajackuup

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
in my dx 99 civic coupe i get 350,you must be driving hella slow to get 400 lol^^^^^

andrew256

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
at least people in this thread are being honest...my civic used to get like 225 to a tank of all city driving and everyone on here would tell me theyre getting like 400
I think more people lie about their MPG than they do their d**k size. I see cars for sale on Craigslist like a '67 Chevelle with a built 502 claiming 14 mpg on the hwy. My 383 Camaro got less than 5 and it was a smallblock! I saw that ad on Atl CL yesterday. I had a 4-banger Ranger that got 14 on the f**king hwy!!!

Zaimejs

5+ Year Member
Wow... only 28 mpg?

I usually fill up at 360+ I did go over 400 once. Today it was 382 on a long trip.

ri.S.I.R.

5+ Year Member
Wow some ppl are just racking up the mileage i guess highway driving sucks for us since we're at like 3.5-4k rpm's (depending on how fast u drive). you guys ever scared to go faster like it seems that 4000rpms is quite a bit for a long time like on roadtrips and stuff, I never really push it past that casue it just seems a little to high for cruising at that rate constantly?

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
it is a high rpm for interstate driving. makes you barely want to do the speed limit cuz it sounds like youre trying to race every other car on the road :oops:

thats only a 4.4 FD though, some crazy peeps have shorter finals.. not naming any names *cough evan cough* :scurred:

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha, yeah my gearing is REALLY short but I have the LONG LS 5th gear to make up for it. So @ 80mph in 5th gear I'm at about 4,400rpms but on a 4.785 final drive which is really good imo.

I don't remember my gas mileage, but I think it's actually BETTER than stock since I'm in 5th gear around town now :lol:

Malfa

5+ Year Member
Wow... only 28 mpg?

I usually fill up at 360+ I did go over 400 once. Today it was 382 on a long trip.
On a b16? That's good but most likely driving 65 highway

im talking about city with vtec every now and then