What kinda tires are you rollin?

temp02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by civic betty
check out www.tirerack.com to find your perfect tire. (hit up "tire decision guide") i also have friends at america's tire co. that can hook you up and put em on pro.

unfortunately it does not allow you to technically "choose the best tire" it just bring up some tires that come in that size, i had to find the tire i wanted myself on that site because it would not allow it to come up in the size i wanted, but other then that its a good site with cheap prices

temp02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Blue2k2
when u finally get those 750's on, let me know how u like them...they sound like a pretty good deal and may be my next buy when my spec-2s wear out...
yeah, i will put them on my rotas (FINALLY) when my falkens wear out on my stock steelies

Blue2k2

Expect the Unexpected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by temp02
unfortunately it does not allow you to technically "choose the best tire" it just bring up some tires that come in that size, i had to find the tire i wanted myself on that site because it would not allow it to come up in the size i wanted, but other then that its a good site with cheap prices

ya, its not the best site...but it has a fairly good selection with good prices...bought my spec-2's from there for a good price

rey rey

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
kumho 712, 205/40-17

civic betty

little red rice rocket
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2
anyone know much about these? pro/con? thinking of going in for them soon... need some feedback.

temp02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2
anyone know much about these? pro/con? thinking of going in for them soon... need some feedback.

judging by the look of they tire they are an ULTRA high performance tire, they are y speed rated so they are going to be some pretty sticky tires, it doesnt look like they will have the best wet traction of other tires out there but according to BFG they have excellent wet traction, so i dont know, it is directional which is definately a good thing, overall i think it will be a good tire but like i said, its wet traction cabailities are questionable in my eyes

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/assets/pdf/gforce_ta_kdw.pdf

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/bfgapp/catalog/tires/gforcetakdw.jsp

have you gotten a price on these tires yet? they will be rather expensive, i wouldnt mind trying out some toyo proxies t1-s' even though they probably dont have the greatest wet adhesion they look like a real high performance summer tire

civic betty

little red rice rocket
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i found the bfg's for 135 each. haven't tried toyo's yet, so if you've got the funds, then give em a go... or wait till winter's over ;)

temp02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i found the bfg's for 135 each. haven't tried toyo's yet, so if you've got the funds, then give em a go... or wait till winter's over ;)

thats a decent price given their speed rating (usually a tire price has a direct relation to its speed rating)......eh i dont really drive my car all that much, i have 3 cars so the car that i like the most stays in the garage.....lol

dannmartys

n00b basher in training
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
michelin ( or however u spell it ) harmonys not sure about sizes or anything

civic betty

little red rice rocket
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats a decent price given their speed rating (usually a tire price has a direct relation to its speed rating)......eh i dont really drive my car all that much, i have 3 cars so the car that i like the most stays in the garage.....lol
well that's no fun ;) i'm not positive how much they retail for, but i know that 135 is disgustingly cheap for those tires. (i think it's about retail price for like a parada or something). drive more and be bad! :twisted:

hellrazor1219

makaveli
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yokohoma AVS ES100 (205/45/16)
really nice tread and great handling, haven't really tested them out in the rain yet.

temp02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well that's no fun ;) i'm not positive how much they retail for, but i know that 135 is disgustingly cheap for those tires. (i think it's about retail price for like a parada or something). drive more and be bad! :twisted:

oh i drive a lot, just not MY B18A powered crx.....i have 2 (4g)CRX's and an eclipse, so i drive my actual HF crx and eclipse a lot more then my LS powered CRX

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
205/40/16 Nitto NT450's on the hatch

Hankook Ventus 205/50/15 on the Sedan

a lot of people here are running Kuhmo, is there any reason for that or is uit cuz they are inexpensive?

NT450's are sweet as hell

temp02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by slambed_civic
205/40/16 Nitto NT450's on the hatch

Hankook Ventus 205/50/15 on the Sedan

a lot of people here are running Kuhmo, is there any reason for that or is uit cuz they are inexpensive?

NT450's are sweet as hell

its because they are cheap

civic betty

little red rice rocket
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cheap substitute for yoko's or pirrelli's. i don't like kumho's that much myself, but it's all a matter of opinion if you ask me. depends what you want out of your tire!

temp02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cheap substitute for yoko's or pirrelli's. i don't like kumho's that much myself, but it's all a matter of opinion if you ask me. depends what you want out of your tire!

most def.....hey you got PM

Blue2k2

Expect the Unexpected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its because they are cheap

hell ya they are....cheap price...cheap tire..not worth it